Intake problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Intake problem

Recently i jus bought a CAI n installed it fine, did everything as needed! I plugged all vacuum lines how needed to be done. neways when i was done i noticed that my rpm would go up n down, n when i would be at a complete stop my car would jerk and the rpm would rise. My car is a automatic, n for some reason my ac fan constantly turns on while driving. Car rpms really drops n raises too at times! so i decided n made the CAI into a short ram, but no difference! Anyone know wut could be the problem> i need help really bad, cuz im goin to wildwood in a few days! thanx!
    Last edited by ill_menace; 08-20-2004, 12:09 PM.
    ILL MENACE

Did you try to reset the ECU? The computer may be having trouble compensating for the increased air flow.
    -Jay

Comment

nah, i havent tryed resetting the ecu. could u tell how i would reset it, thanx!
      ILL MENACE

Comment

im sure you removed the battery while you were cutting hte hole for the CAI... so it should have already been reset...

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
        - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
        - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
        Current cars:
        - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
        - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

yea, thats tru

plus i jus went outside and resetted it again! dont kno wuts wrong. Even as soon as i turn on the car, rpm flys up.
          ILL MENACE

Comment

make sure that electrical tape is tight lol no idk

u know that black box that was on the inside of the fender that i said was part of the intake? try pluggin that back in (just the plug, not the vacuum lines)... also check thru everything and make sure u didnt unplug any other things accidentally.

also you know that thin vaccuum line that went across the back of the intake manifold (plastic line) that hooked up to the top of the intake pipe? did you hook that back up to the CAI?

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
            - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
            - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
            Current cars:
            - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
            - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

hmm, plastic line? well i plugged in the main line, n dats basically the only thing dat i see dat can go into the intake! let me go check it out, but i dont see nething.

its dat damn electrical tape i tell you! lol!
              ILL MENACE

Comment

well, jus went out and tried messing wit it , but nothin!

even sprayed engine starter(contains ether) as i was told to see for gasket leaks in the intake manifold, but i found nothin! im clueless!

my aim s/n is blaze654 if neone wants to IM me and help me out! thanx!
                ILL MENACE

Comment

this happened to me too, i fixed it by adjusting the screw on the intake manifold to the left (close) i adjusted it like 1-1.5 turns, if the car seems like its gonna die then turn it to the right a lil more. also reset your ecu again, this time doing it the right way.

pull out backup radio & ecu fuse (7.5 & 10A) for about 10 min
                  put back fuses then start the car and let it idle for 10-15 min (DO NOT STEP ON THE GAS OR HAVE THE RADIO ON, DO NOT DO ANYTHING, DONT EVEN TURN ON THE LIGHTS OR STEP ON THE GAS)
                  turn off car
                  turn on car

then drive normal for the 1st 20 miles.

helped me, i had the same exact problem.

Comment

if so adjust ur idle..

or mess with ur fast idle valve.
                    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

ok, ill make sure to do that right now!

Ill let u kno how it goes!

thanx alot!
                      ILL MENACE

Comment

im adjusting the idle, the more i adjust it, the more air the intake takes.
                        I dunno if dats suppose to be normal. ill keep adjusting n see how it goes
                        ILL MENACE

Comment

anyone have a picture of where the fast idle valve is, i dunno if m doin it right, or where to adjust the intake manifold. woulld really appreciate it.
                          thanx again
                          ILL MENACE

Comment

for the idle screw..

left= more air

right=less air..

if ur idle is surging u will more than likely have to turn it to the right.. until u feel the intake sound change.. like its getting low amounts of air.. then once u do that.. turn back half a turn.. go look at the idle to see if its where u want it..

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

tryed adjusting idle, still runs like crap! dont kno nemore!:
                              ILL MENACE

Comment

Working...
                              X