Gas Mileage with a H22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gas Mileage with a H22

Well, I 'm wondering about if you swap in a h22a in our accord. would the gas mileage be the same as if it were in a prelude or lower. One guy with a h22 say he only get 18-19 MPG on the city. How much MPG would a boosting f22 accord get. I somehow only be getiing 20-21 MPG so That why I kinda want to swap in a h22, but I'm afraid it might not even help except getting more performace.

I get more then 27 on the freeway, low 20's around town.

Comment

i got 31 when i used an entire tank on the highway, ~24 city

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
      - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
      - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
      Current cars:
      - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
      - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

You should get around there like they said if you get either one if you stay outta boost youll be fine. Get the other you should stay outta vtec and youll be fine,drive like an ass and youll know the difference but its not soo major major any time you gun your car and its high performance your gonna burn fuel. Youll notice the difference from stock when your runnin it hard but it wont be a major difference only a little

Comment

I didn't notice a huge difference in mileage unless I drive the H22 hard. If you do want a little better mileage with an H22 - keep your F22 tranny since it's geared higher, but its not as much fun that way...
          Anything is possible when you don't know what your talking about............

Comment

I totally agree with Sparkle. Keep it out of VTEC and don't race every civic you see ( like me ) But don't stress the mileage that much. The fun of having one in kinda overshadows the whole "not getting as good mileage" issue.
            O'skool fo sho! You might hate, but I been doin' this long before you know.

Comment

Working...
            X