Project: butt dyno

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Project: butt dyno

ok so im finally gonna be starting my build but only because of some unfortunate events, about 2 weeks ago as i was just arriving to work my car shut off on me like it sometimes does so i didnt think anything of it but when i restarted it it sounded like a boxer engine..YIKES so i parkerd her and went to work cause i was about late. So i came out for my first break and poped the hood and immediatly noticed quite a bit of oil by the intake tube so i checked a few things over and replaced a few things and still same......ok so today i did a comp test on my f20B and heres what i found:
    #1:145 #2:140 #3 140 #4:..........a big fat 0 so i added some oil and same thing but this time it sounded like the other cylinders for about a second so time to as vin diesel said "rip apart the block and replace the piston rings you fried" or possibly in my case some blown valve seals so ive decided to build her up to be the beast she was ment to be so here it the start of

PROJECT: BUTT DYNO!!!!

ill be updadting this over the weeks/months cause this wont be just an engine project itllbe a full car build

PSN ID's:Tidashoni
    1992 Accord EX Coupe
    My FS Thread
    Not so DD 2013 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
    Originally posted by deevergote
    Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

i was gonna say to try and do a leakdown to see where the loss is coming from/....but ur ripping it apart. good luck with the build,.....what are u gonna use for replacement parts???
    F22a1-->F22A-->H22A-->auto-2-5spd-->K20 6spd-->F22C 6spd RWD-->4G63 6spd AWD-->K24 6spd????

Sold to: blackice, Myothercar, Rennat, Ilikebigbutts, HA91, DA92CB7, accord91lx, Cb7GHOST, Gemini, whiteaccord92,Warudakumi, jhondayaaj
    Bought from: 93twodoorLX, Datmofo, g7kobayashi, accord_inspire, Accord SiR, Kurobei, UK-Accord, phreakish93, RENR, k-mart

Comment

nice nice!! yeah it sucks when stuff like this happens (it happens to all of us...) but its a reason to come back bigger and stronger.

what are the current plans thus far?

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
      - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
      - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
      Current cars:
      - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
      - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

when you do a leak down, that will determine where the leak is coming from.
        The beginning of a new era............................
        165 hp 149 ft. lb. torque sohc non vtec. then....
        184 whp and 149 ft. lb. torque f20b stock now......

Comment

Originally posted by SMseagren83
          i was gonna say to try and do a leakdown to see where the loss is coming from/....but ur ripping it apart. good luck with the build,.....what are u gonna use for replacement parts???
          did a leak down and found out its comming from the valve seals, lucky huh so i may just keep the cb down and build it up for my winter project

Originally posted by cp[mike]
          nice nice!! yeah it sucks when stuff like this happens (it happens to all of us...) but its a reason to come back bigger and stronger.

what are the current plans thus far?
          yup i hear ye mike lol so far im gonna tear out the engine and build it up as much as i can then possibly do a wire tuck and add a little secret, im still trying to find a T2T4 or T2W4, im planning on completly redoing the entire cb, im gonna completly strip it and build form the ground up with new everything that i havent replaced in the last few months, thats about it for now lol i hope to have it done by the end of summer/ end of fall

1992 Accord EX Coupe
          My FS Thread
          Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Comment

just bought a complete gasket set for the f20b for $240 shipped lol comes with:

head gasket
            intake mani gasket
            exhaust mani gasket
            valve seals
            cam seal
            valve cover gasket and spark plug tube seals
            other o- rings and seals lol

1992 Accord EX Coupe
            My FS Thread

Comment

nice find. hopefully you pistons don't look like mine.
              The beginning of a new era............................
              165 hp 149 ft. lb. torque sohc non vtec. then....
              184 whp and 149 ft. lb. torque f20b stock now......

Comment

piktars lol im just gettin started and theres a hint at whats to come

this is just the start of cough wire tuck cough cough

she may be a pain in the ass at times but i still love her

1992 Accord EX Coupe
                My FS Thread

Comment

Thats awesome homes

Proud owner of the only JJDM full 2.5" catback exhaust!

Comment

Originally posted by oranger
                    Thats awesome homes
                    thanks yea in glad im finally starting my build but pissed that it had to start the way it did...oh well

1992 Accord EX Coupe
                    My FS Thread

Comment

Screw the JDM pose... we need more pictures of cb7 owners hugging their engines!

Sorry to hear the F20B is crapping out on you... at least you have a good mindset about it! A lot of people would just say "well, that motor is ruined... sell the car and move on..."

We can share stories of our progress as I build my H22... I need internals first though!

Comment

Screw the JDM pose... we need more pictures of cb7 owners hugging their engines!

We can share stories of our progress as I build my H22... I need internals first though!
                        you know it lol its the new pose

yes luckily just the valve seals....i hope thats all it is ill be tearing the engine aparts to make sure so i might as well build it huh thanks deev

1992 Accord EX Coupe
                        My FS Thread

Comment

last bit of pix to end the day well the week i wont be working on it till sunday night or monday

got the car on stands and bumper off

draining the coolant can be a messy operation

heres what i roll on

then took the header off and heres what the exhaust ports look like

and during my build im gonna install this

and my house

1992 Accord EX Coupe
                          My FS Thread

Comment

Man, nice house! I wish I had a place like that! Cut your garage in two, stack the halves on top of each other... and you get my house. I need to move out of NJ... it's so expensive to live here (and I live in the cheap part of the state!)

Comment

Man, nice house! I wish I had a place like that! Cut your garage in two, stack the halves on top of each other... and you get my house. I need to move out of NJ... it's so expensive to live here (and I live in the cheap part of the state!)
                              Just dont move to Florida. Its expensive as hell and you dont get paid enough to keep up with the high prices . An apartment could cost u $250,000 thats used to be the price of an house 5 yrs ago. A decent 3/2 house could cost u both ur arms, and ur life lol

This Car Is Killin Me Softly
                              In This World Killin Me....Softly.........lol

F20a Funds: $0.65
                              Need : $500.00

Comment

Working...
                              X