Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by f22-dohc
    BUMP...

u guys can leave the hub bolt on if u cant get ot off...

remove the lower ball joint and swing out....not sure if anyone else has mentioned this.

i've been doing it this way for eg', da's for the past few times now
    i have that explaination already in the guide, but i also left in the section about removing the hub nut in case you want to replace your axles while doing the swap. notice the "cpmike note" at the top of this post http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showpost...84&postcount=6

and timmy, its not a sticky because its in the Popular Swaps Index, there were too many stickies at the top of this forum so i added them all to that list and unstuck them all.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
    - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
    - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
    Current cars:
    - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
    - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

did anyone mention, draining the fluid isn't required, at least not for a manual?
      it says to do this in the haynes manual, so I did that the first time i did my shaft. when i pulled both shafts to drop the engine, i didn't drain the tranny, and nothing came out, so it's not a necessary step!
      The CB7 Timeline

Comment

Originally posted by 92accordexpower
        did anyone mention, draining the fluid isn't required, at least not for a manual?
        it says to do this in the haynes manual, so I did that the first time i did my shaft. when i pulled both shafts to drop the engine, i didn't drain the tranny, and nothing came out, so it's not a necessary step!
        odd, id think some would drip out of the driveshaft holes sine it is being at a slight angle when removing.

id change the fluid anyways since it is good
        I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

great thread!

...the trany fill hole is lower than the driveaxle holes so if you don't tip it i guess you wouldn't have to drain it

hold on to your butts

Comment

Originally posted by hemlockz
            great thread!

...the trany fill hole is lower than the driveaxle holes so if you don't tip it i guess you wouldn't have to drain it
            but when you remove the axle on that side, the fluid comes out naturally (unless my car is abnormal ).

anywho can this swap be done with regular handtools? well i know it can since mike does it all the time but is there any special tools i may need. i already have the crank pulley remover tool, o2 sensor socket, and 36mm socket for the axle nuts (if i decided to remove it). anything else?
            1cor10:31
            - 92 LX coupe
            - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

engine hoist helps
              other than that i can't think of anything special i used. Impact is nice, but not necessary.
              i mostly used only hand tools to do mine. just have someone step on the brakes while you take the axle nut off.
              The CB7 Timeline

Comment

Originally posted by timmy0tool
                but when you remove the axle on that side, the fluid comes out naturally (unless my car is abnormal ).

anywho can this swap be done with regular handtools? well i know it can since mike does it all the time but is there any special tools i may need. i already have the crank pulley remover tool, o2 sensor socket, and 36mm socket for the axle nuts (if i decided to remove it). anything else?
                few screwdrivers, few different sets of pliars, hammer, breaker bar, crowbar or prybar helps, crank pulley tool... then all i use is a set of 6point deep sockets sizes 10-17 and a set of ratcheting wrenches, sizes 8-18. random extensions too.

Current cars:

Comment

WOW!!! I forgot all about this thread!!!! It's been so long I barely remember writing it

Mike I can't believe you saved this from the old AR days!!!! Thank You!Otherwise it would have be gone forever

My Accord History:
                  91 EX 2dr : 91 EX 2dr : 91 LX 4dr : 93 EX 2dr : 86 LXi 2dr : 92 LX 4dr : 92 EX 4dr

-Patrick

Comment

Are you kidding? Mike saves dang near everything! Seriously though, I appreciate both of you. Acclude for writing this and Mike for modifying it and saving it. It's going to prove to be priceless hopefully here in the summer. PM sent Mike.
                    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by ACCLUDE91
                      WOW!!! I forgot all about this thread!!!! It's been so long I barely remember writing it

Mike I can't believe you saved this from the old AR days!!!! Thank You!Otherwise it would have be gone forever
                      god, of course i did man!!! if it werent for this exact guide that you sent me all those years ago, i wouldnt be able to do any of the stuff i do to these cars now! i knew you never got it finished (i believe i have the other sections too, but as you probably remember, they were all just outlines) and i knew you never posted it up anywhere... so i figured id post it up for everybody else too, knowing you, i assumed you wouldnt mind. judging by the responses to this thread, it looks like its helped out numerous other people.

ive been slowly adding and changing certain sections based on new things and tricks that i (and others on this site) have learned, looks like its shaped up to be basically the ONLY step by step guide for removing an accord motor! i always tell people to follow the guide in reverse for reinstallation, since thats what i originally did and it worked out well.

thanks so much for taking the time to write this in the first place

Current cars:

Comment

back from the dead, but im in the process of removing my engine as we speak, i gotta pull the engine and tranny out, and swap in a fully built f22 with an f22 5spd. So 5spd and engine swap at once, thought it would be easier then doing seperate.

If i run into any problem ill come back here and post, hopefully someone will help hehe awesome thread, thanks a lot to mike and acclude!!!
                        1991 Accord LX Coupe - Boosted F22 - 5spd LSD - Shaved Bay - Work VSXX - Recaro SRD

Member's Ride Page | Video of my CB7, Open Downpipe peelout

Comment

get an h22 tranny!

my f22 tranny doesn't like all the extra power and revs from the h22, i currently have 2nd and 3rd synchros going bad.
                          The CB7 Timeline

Comment

im swapping in an f22a6, fully built block and head, going turbo, need the long f22 gears
                            1991 Accord LX Coupe - Boosted F22 - 5spd LSD - Shaved Bay - Work VSXX - Recaro SRD

Member's Ride Page | Video of my CB7, Open Downpipe peelout

Comment

BUMPITY BUMP BUMP!!! ...this is a good write up!! VERY DETAILED mike!

now...noobies...READ!!!!
                              92 LX. A6 with GUDE bullfrog Cam. M2S4 transmission..Gutted H23 intake mani. The rest you will just have to find out!

MR Thread:
                              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=174586
                              My tribute page: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=70489

Comment

Originally posted by aleks77
                                im swapping in an f22a6, fully built block and head, going turbo, need the long f22 gears
                                Longer gears = slower acceleration. It doesnt matter if its N/A, turbo, supercharged,juiced,horse drawn or peddled.
                                Last edited by Accord R33; 07-21-2007, 12:17 PM.

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

Working...
                                X