Please help, idling WAY TOO high..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please help, idling WAY TOO high..

okay so h22a is in, but starts up and almost immediately revs to 3k rpms. at which point the cel comes on. okay i said, i turn off the car and try again. this time i lift up on the gas pedal. turn on the engine on and it revs according to how hard i lift UPWARD, not downard, on the gas pedal. now in drive, i can't floor the car it only lets me go to 30 mph when i have the pedal all the way to the ground, but if i lightly put my foot on the gas it'll let me go over 40 mph and if i let go of gas pedal the rpms keep rising and i keep speeding up slowly... i check the code and it is a code 7 for something about the TPS or something. someone able to help me out on this?

Check to see if the TPS is plugged in all the way....Might not be connected.

Comment

i did i unplugged then replugged, could be because tps is bad? my dad took it out and it disassembled and i tried my best to put it back the way it was...

Comment

you have to adjust the tps, there is a diy for it, so search
        Members Ride

Comment

here a link that might help ...........if u havent found it already

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=16374
          Last edited by shadetreecustom; 05-20-2007, 11:19 AM.
          F22A1:blew up
          F22A1/H22:blew up
          F22A6/H22: " "
          F22A4/H22: " "
          H23A1 boosted:blew up
          H23A1:traded
          H23A1/H22 built:still in progress (getting my feet wet)

drive it like you stole it
          FCB7(FRANKENSTEIN CB7 CLUB)

Comment

After you adjust the TPS, unplug the MAP sensor, and blow out the connections, and click them back together. I once had a similar problem with not plugging the MAP all the way in.

Comment

well i unplugged the tps and now it revs to like 6k rpms... and i unscrewed the tps and it doesnt seem like it wants to adjust, before it was 3krpms now it is 6k rpms... how much do you think a shop would charge to adjust my tps?

oh and i didnt screw the tps all the way back in when i was adjusting. i was hoping that i could just move the tps around and see how it idles but that didnt work at all...

Comment

did you even READ the link on how to adjust/recalibrate the TPS sensor properly. it sure doesnt sound like it.

its so simple as long as you read the directions and have a multimeter......not hard at all.
                F22a1-->F22A-->H22A-->auto-2-5spd-->K20 6spd-->F22C 6spd RWD-->4G63 6spd AWD-->K24 6spd????

Sold to: blackice, Myothercar, Rennat, Ilikebigbutts, HA91, DA92CB7, accord91lx, Cb7GHOST, Gemini, whiteaccord92,Warudakumi, jhondayaaj
                Bought from: 93twodoorLX, Datmofo, g7kobayashi, accord_inspire, Accord SiR, Kurobei, UK-Accord, phreakish93, RENR, k-mart

Comment

Originally posted by SMseagren83
                  did you even READ the link on how to adjust/recalibrate the TPS sensor properly. it sure doesnt sound like it.

its so simple as long as you read the directions and have a multimeter......not hard at all.
                  agreed...you dont screw the TPS in at all
                  I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

oh i did. the tps sensor was broken internally. the pivoting arm/column was broken so no matter what i did the voltage read 0.01, anyways i fixed the problem by replacing my old tps with the one from the h22a fixed now.

Comment

it sounds like your throttle cable is holding the throttle open a little bit, indicated by the fact that idle drops if you pull UP on the pedal. let me guess, you have an LX?

when you open the throttle by hand and let it snap shut, you should hear the plate actually *snap* closed... if its a dull thunk, it may be getting caught on the throttle cable being too short... when closed, there should be a little bit of deflection/play in the end of the cable

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                      - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                      - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                      - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                      - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                      - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                      Current cars:
                      - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                      - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

cel is cleared, but still idles badly. sometimes revs up and down and sometimes stays at 3krpm.

Comment

Originally posted by 19accord92
                          cel is cleared, but still idles badly. sometimes revs up and down and sometimes stays at 3krpm.
                          If you've already made your adjustments properly, and also checked the throttle like mike suggested, then have you checked egr? it can be clogged/ dirty and not throw a cel

also, any vacuum lines that are connected to the wrong place or may be cracked/ leaking can cause the same thing without necessarily throwing a code ... especially around the intake

I'm assuming you've tried the other suggestions, which I would definitely check first -
                          Last edited by i'm the girl; 05-21-2007, 10:47 PM.

breathing is deadly underwater...

Comment

i still say your throttle cable is holding the TB open, its the only thing thatll make pulling UP on the pedal make any difference...

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                            - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                            - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                            - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                            - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                            - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                            Current cars:
                            - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                            - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

i agree with you mike

PSN ID's:Tidashoni
                              1992 Accord EX Coupe
                              My FS Thread
                              Not so DD 2013 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
                              Originally posted by deevergote
                              Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Comment

Working...
                              X