A question on exhausts (H22 swap)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A question on exhausts (H22 swap)

Once I swap in my H22A I know I will have to get an H22 header & downpipe, no problem, but what about the rest of my exhaust system? I had the whole exhaust custom made a few months ago and I'm pretty sure the H22 downpipe isn't going to bolt up to my hi-flo cat (which of course would connect it to the rest of the exhaust).

So what do most of you do? What I be better off just getting a full Prelude catback to go with the H22 header & downpipe? But even then will it mount up under our cars?? This seems confusing, but I'm sure many of you have had to deal with it so I'm sure you can help me out.
    I read somewhere that marijuana effects the memory. For some reason I can't seem remember where I read that. -- max sideburn(aka torqstr)

"Those who would sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither." - Benjamin Franklin

CB7: The Movie TEASER VIDEO

well i had them just cut and weld a test pipe to the rest its better to get a flange made though

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
    UPDATED NEW PICS!!!

Comment

usdm or aftermarket h22 downpipe will bolt directly to a CB7 cat, only one ud have problems with is a JDM h22 downpipe.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
      - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
      - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
      Current cars:
      - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
      - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

oh i got the jdm one thats why. i thought it was all of them

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
        UPDATED NEW PICS!!!

Comment

whew, awesome. then the header & downpipe I get SHOULD match right up with my hi-flo cat, so no exhaust mods needed thanks Mike
          I read somewhere that marijuana effects the memory. For some reason I can't seem remember where I read that. -- max sideburn(aka torqstr)

"Those who would sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither." - Benjamin Franklin

CB7: The Movie TEASER VIDEO

Comment

Yep, usdm 1st gen H22 downpipes bolt right up.
            To-Do List for Today
            Be Awesome

Comment

If you have an exhaust system smaller than 2.5", then performance won't be optimal. It probably won't matter much, but you'll lose some high end.

At least it's not going to the stock exhaust! I did that for a while...

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                If you have an exhaust system smaller than 2.5", then performance won't be optimal. It probably won't matter much, but you'll lose some high end.

At least it's not going to the stock exhaust! I did that for a while...

I sold my N1 2.5 cat/exhaust and now im using the STOCK or whatever cat back ROFL ALL i hear is when I shift POP POP POP. not really good for the H22 since backfire and blah blah blah. Thinking about doing a custom Cat with 2.5 and dyno it compared to my Greddy Catback. then IMA MAKE EM AND SELL EM FOR CHEAP MUAHAHAHHAHAHA
                either kill it or drift it...

2002 Toyota Tundra V8

Comment

Working...
                X