OBD2 question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OBD2 question

Ok, here's a question about the 97+ OBD2 H22A. The one I'm getting has the ecu with it, which I'm not even sure if it would plug into my harness or not.

Well since the sticky FAQ doesn't really delve into OBD2 stuff here's my question. Would I be better off just getting a p06 chipped for an H22A than trying to use the OBD2 ECU? Please forgive me I know nothing about OBD stuff and I just want the simplest method for getting an OBD2 motor to run in my car.
    I read somewhere that marijuana effects the memory. For some reason I can't seem remember where I read that. -- max sideburn(aka torqstr)

"Those who would sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither." - Benjamin Franklin

CB7: The Movie TEASER VIDEO

hmm, this doesn't instill much confidence in me. 10 views and no responses, I certainly hope that when it comes time to get this engine installed someone on here can actually help me get it going, because as I stated before I know NOTHING about OBD stuff.
    I read somewhere that marijuana effects the memory. For some reason I can't seem remember where I read that. -- max sideburn(aka torqstr)

"Those who would sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither." - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

so what happened to reading the sticky?

Originally posted by The Complete Swap FAQ Sticky
      Using an OBD2 engine such as the 97+ H22A4 or Type-S H22A:
      The easiest way to accomplish this goal is to use the OBD-1 distributor, Injectors, and ECU. I’m not going to get into converting the OBD-1 Cb7 to OBD-2a since almost no one will be doing this.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
      - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
      - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
      Current cars:
      - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
      - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

the engine I'm buying isn't going to have the OBD1 distributor, injectors and ECU...and I really don't want to spend all of that extra money ordering those parts.

Comment

youll need an OBD1 distributor and ECU, and you can get by with the OBD2 injectors, youll just need to cut the resistor box out and splice all of the wires together. youll also need to splice all of the OBD2 injector plugs onto your F22 wiring harness.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
          - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
          - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
          Current cars:
          - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
          - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

so I pretty much HAVE TO HAVE the OBD1 distributor?

if I get the OBD1 injectors will I still have to splice anything? or just plug and play?

also as for the ECU, will it have to be a OBD1 Prelude ECU? or can I get a chipped p06/p28 or similar with the H22 map installed? (and will the OBD1 Prelude ECU even plug into our harnesses?)

Comment

read the sticky more its all explained...Everything has to go OBD1. The chipped ECU will be fine. The OBD1 will plug in.

The New-ish Ride
              My old Ride
              Hear my Vtak!!!
              MK3 Member #3
              I piss off people for fun.
              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

yeah I tried reading the sticky, but a lot of it is still gibberish to me since I've never had to mess with OBD stuff before, or having to adapt ECUs or anything like that, usually when I've done a motor swap it's been in a car that you just bolt the engine down, change the ECU and you're done.

so if I change the distributor, injectors, and ECU to the 92-96 Prelude stuff I shouldn't have to do any more wiring stuff right? except for maybe a few sensors and stuff.

Comment

Yea.

The New-ish Ride
                  My old Ride
                  Hear my Vtak!!!
                  MK3 Member #3
                  I piss off people for fun.
                  IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Working...
                  X