axles n half shafts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

axles n half shafts

What is the easiest way to disconnect the axles and half shafts from the f22 and reconnect to the h22????

if ur swapping in an h22, u use all f22 axles/shafts... so you pull the passenger side axle out of the tranny, pull the driver side axle out of the half shaft, pull out the f22... then swap the halfshaft from the back of the f22 onto the h22, reinstall the motor, and put the axles back in. you can either leave the other ends of the axles still in the hubs (but u need to dieconnect the lower ball joint and damper fork and swing the knuckle out of the way to give u room to pull the axle out of the tranny), or completely remove the axles from the car (i did, because i was replacing them).

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
    - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
    - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
    Current cars:
    - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
    - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Ok, I disconnected the axles from the trany n half shaft, but they are not completely free, will they come loose with the added space when i pull the motor out? Because i didnt really want to have to disconnect the ball joint to make extra room, or should i just do that and save myself the hassle and risk?

Comment

alright that worked well enough and went smooth. Im almost ready to pull the motor but im kinda lost on where i can connect the chains on the hoist to get it out, any good suggestions? Sorry its kinda off the subject but i figure i might as well ask instead of making a whole new post, and u seem to have done this a few times. thanks for the feedback.
        Last edited by cdgaccord90; 05-28-2004, 01:07 PM.

Comment

where i hooked the chains: one to the driver side mount bracket by the timing belt cover (or you could use the bracket/hook on the powersteering bracket, if its still there). another chain to the top front of the tranny, if its a manual its the bolt that has a little black metal clip holding the clutch line that leads to the slave cylinder. then another chain to the back of the tranny, there should be a bracket/hook there for you. for the bracket/hooks ive used a bolt thru the hook, thru the chain, with a nut on the end. when hooking up the chains make sure that there are no plugs, sensors, lines or anything that could get crushed or broken when the chains tighten up and you have the motor hanging on its own weight!

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
          - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
          - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
          Current cars:
          - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
          - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Working...
          X