intake for a h22 in a 93 cb7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cpmike
    cool... ill probly just get whichever one is cheaper on ebay cuz i plan on getting a better filter, and black rubber coupler anyway cuz the blue is ugly, so ill get a 3"-3". thanks guys
    Good luck finding a black one they seem to be the hardest thing on earth to find here in black. The only one I have found that doesn't look disgusting is a red Turbonetics one. The one that has the buldge so they can flex. They are supposed to make one in black but I still haven't seen it and even then they are like $23!
    My unupdate website Speedworx-online.com, lol. <click here>.

Comment

whoa, for real?

cant i just go to home depot or wherever and buy one, or a piece of black rubber tubing, or something, and just get metal straps to hold it on?

actually, because u said that... im gonna try to find a black coupler before i get the intake. if i find one, ill either tell u where its from or send one to u (if u want). if not, ill hafta get the prelude intake.. no biggie

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
      - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
      - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
      Current cars:
      - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
      - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

dont know if youve decided on an intake yet, but i was just wondering, why dont you want a coldair?

what you can do is get a 2piece coldair. i got a 3" cai for a 92-96 prelude. it fits fine without any modifications. and during the winter i can take off the second piece and reattach the filter.

Comment

Originally posted by DrLove'sKuDang
          why dont you want a coldair?
          ive considered it, but i would need to get the bypass valve on it. i hear that once u add that, the gains are negligible compared to a short ram... i decided to just get the short ram cuz i can just leave it in and not worry about having to pull the second pipe off ever. also probly cuz im lazy, and short rams are cheaper.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
          - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
          - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
          Current cars:
          - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
          - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

ah, i see. laziness is totally understandable... i would to nothing if i could get paid for it

prices all depend on what brand you buy. i bought one once for my accord engine. $60 for a carb legal cai. its from a company called cp(checkpoint). not sure if that matters to you, but i live in CA, so everything must have an eo#.

if youre interested heres an auction for a prelude cai w/carb sticker($65). a great deal if you ask me, unless you want to pay $200 for a brand name. and i know youre worried about water, so you can always cut it shorter at whatever point you want and stick a filter on there.

cp cai 92-96 prelude

btw, heres a cheap plug for my car...

pic with 3" prelude cai

cp carb sticker

Last edited by DrLove'sKuDang; 10-02-2003, 01:09 AM.

Comment

yo bustedlx uhhmmmm where did you get those headlights are they JDM?????

Comment

Working...
              X