H22A FAQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H22A FAQ

Howdy all, it's your old friend y2knowledge here with more n00bish questions ready to be answered! Basically, I've owned my CB7 for about a year now and have done little to nothing except a few things under the hood such as intake, spark plug wires, headers, and spark plugs. Other then that I'm a novice to the extreme! Here are a few questions that come to mind.

1. How much on average should one spend on a H22a engine and what year should it be?

2. What all should I make sure comes with said engine?

3. Is this the engine I should invest in?

4. What all intails the engine swap, as far as mechanically such as labour (can I do this myself?).

5. How much would I be looking at if I had an actual mechanic do the swap for me?

I have a slew of other questions but I'll wait to have them answered. Bascially I'm about a few months away from getting a sum of money to use on my car and I'm clueless on what I should do and invest in. Any and all help would be MUCH appreciated. Thanks in advance...
    Last edited by fizzbob7; 09-17-2003, 06:39 PM.

Wow, I really appreciate the response! Another question may be a matter of opinion, but I'm very open to suggestion. What would you rather have done first, paint/body work or a complete engine swap? I know it's off topic, but I'm not really sure what's better to go with first...

Comment

im saying go w/ the swap first... if u dont:
      "whoa man nice car! what do u got under there?"
      . . . "nothing"

if u do the swap first:
      "dude how did u do that?"
      . . . ""

hehe thought i would give a little illustration. maybe u could do a little bit of stuff to the body and make it somewhat how u like, then do the swap, and take care of finishing the entire body later. thats what im doing, but i guess its up to personal preference.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
      - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
      - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
      Current cars:
      - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
      - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Yeah, I'm just interested in what others would do first, either engine or body/paint. Thanks for your input!...

Comment

Ugly but fast, hrmm. Well, I guess it is a matter of preference then! Xplode says he'd rather have a fly ride then a fast one and I agree with him partly. Again I appreciate your feedback fellas!...

Comment

Ill have to go with the engine first too. I think anyone that actually has an h22 will say go for that first. I mean yes you can do minor body modifications and whatever but it costs a lot to do either one. so most people only have 1, either a fast swapped car or a kitted shaved custom paint etc car. Also its the mentality. most people that have a swap dont care for body kits and such.
            HSHO #3

Comment

Yeah. When I said body-wise though I meant a new paint job, hood, rims, and mostly anything else visual with the exception of a spacecraft style body kit. So with that in mind the majority of you say a fast ugly car over a slow good looking one huh? Alright!...

Comment

I guess it depends how bad your car currently is. I mean I have at least like 100 dents on my roof/trunk from accorns believe it or not. looks exactly like hail damage. also both my fenders are dented, and my drivers door has a big dent from someone hitting it. Im also starting to get the infamous rust. so yes I could really use body work and paint. but then at the same time I did get wheels (been through quite a few sets) and lowering and a hood and other little random things before my swap. if I did it all again i think I would have just wanted a swap from the begining and then work on other things.
                HSHO #3

Comment

Well, my car isn't in the same condition as yours is. I have some paint peeling off the front of my bumper due to long distance driving. Also, the whole paint job in general (it was repainted by the previous owner) is just weak and looks cheaply done. I mean, it's nice when it's washed and ready to go but you can tell where the paint starts chipping and peeling. Like one of those cheap ass $200 paint jobs, you know? Also, my ride got broken into once and the console around where the stereo is is jacked to hell and I'm missing my air conditioning vents. There's some other miscellaneous things here and there but for the most part that's all that's noticable. Oh, and I'm removing my wing from the back since I think it looks "notsogood" anymore :\. That'll leave me with 8 drill holes to deal with...

Comment

I did body work and new paint first....But I got into a little fender bender and wrecked a "17 so I got $1200, my buddy that I am learning body work from said he'd do it for $1000, + $400 for Dupont chrombase paint and badass Clear coat, and I went w/ 97 SE rims @ same time.......8 mos later did motor swap.....I like it to look good and be fast.....But the body work for me came @ a good time.....IF any of you need paint or body work in the NW let me know......

My ride:
                    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=143916

Comment

I know what I'm doin' now! lol

Luckily for me my uncle and grandpa are very very capable of doing this...simply because they've been working on cars forever. They just finished a Cobra kit car and they did EVERYTHING by themselves. They have a cherry picker and everything. Bump for the H22!
                      + '93 Accord EX - CB7 - Frost White w/ Dark Blue = teh s0ld (ilikebigbutts)

2006 Cobalt SS - 2004 Monte Carlo SS - 1990 CRX Si

. Snail Squad .

Comment

Sounds waay to familiar our cars, are they twins?

Originally posted by 93accordEX
                        I guess it depends how bad your car currently is. I mean I have at least like 100 dents on my roof/trunk from accorns believe it or not. looks exactly like hail damage. also both my fenders are dented, and my drivers door has a big dent from someone hitting it. Im also starting to get the infamous rust. so yes I could really use body work and paint. but then at the same time I did get wheels (been through quite a few sets) and lowering and a hood and other little random things before my swap. if I did it all again i think I would have just wanted a swap from the begining and then work on other things.
                        Hey EX sounds like my car....

dents on the fenders, hood support was pried when I had my swap done at school ( high school was torture on my CB7 )
                        And because I live in the No' east my car alas has gotten cancer..it still runs strong though...246k miles on the body..on goin strong
                        Henry R
                        Koni/Neuspeed
                        1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                        1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                        Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                        made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

3 cylinder metro

Whats wrong with a 3 cylinder metro. My aunt has one of those and that is what i learned to drive in. And believe me it was slow as hell.

Comment

Well right now, i dont have my liscense because of stupid reasons, and im doing all of the body work and painting it myself(i have a nature nack for it) and i also am doing a motor swap right after paint. But dont worry, no spacey body kit here either, just rims, moulding n alot of shine.

Comment

ok, I am considering this swap, since i will be driving in the winter wit it, and I dunno hwo well a turboed car will run. So, some questions..is the A/C wit the h22 r134, or r12? Will I need to swap it? I currently have r12, and the car doesn't wanna cool me down..also, should I do a swap, or fix the rust on the back panels, replace the drover's door, and replace the sunroof? I know this motor comes wit axles..at times..will they also need ot be swapped wit the accord ones? What header/ exhaust system will work here? I wanna know how much it might cost me..

-A. Swift
                              CB7 member number 137
                              Black Doubt Crew member #2
                              Ebay Whore Club member #5

-I was at the dentist, breathin' in some nitrous oxide (laughing gas) and all of a sudden..I ran faster!!!

AIM: boostinswifty38

alipne 7995 deck, pioneer 400w 4 ch amp, and all the wires for sale..500 obo!

R/C cars and a heli for sale..2 airbrushes, paints, bodies galore..etc etc..tc3 and xxx buggy for sale..400 for it all! hit me up for details n pics

Comment

Working...
                              X