Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H22a

Ok, so I just thought of something.

If, this is just an if, I found a totaled Prelude, that had a good working motor, but the car was just totaled, and they wanted like 500 for it, thats a deal you can't beat, right?
    Because this may be the case. But i mean, if i got a working h22a, but no tranny, or new axels, or etc, would it still work fine once swapped? or is it stupid to put the engine in but nothing else?

Pick it up yo!

Comment

why wouldnt you put the h22 tranny in with the motor?

replacing any parts is up to you.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
      - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
      - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
      Current cars:
      - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
      - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

how many miles on the motor did the motor put out smoke?how well was it maintained these are the things you gotta look at and also a motor may b good for 500 but without the h22 tranny to go with it if your goin allmotor your setup will be useless.

Comment

this is what im asking. would it be pointless to drop an engine, but nothing else?

Comment

Originally posted by StoobyMcDooby
            this is what im asking. would it be pointless to drop an engine, but nothing else?
            Im a lil confuse on what your asking. But i'm assuming u mean would it be pointless to drop an engine but nothing else as in leaving the engine stock.

depend on what u have right now

h22a with no tranny. then what tranny are you going to use?

H22 from a prelude with the tranny would be better.. but... if u take a h22a engine and put a h22 tranny it wouldnt be a bad idea.. i think?
            DEFJAM

MY RIDE ON CB7 DEFJAM on 93

Comment

The F Trans is compatible if he wants to do that. You would need the ECU also. Where was the car hit if you dont mind me asking? If it got rear ended and the engine was still running right and stuff then yea I would get it 500 is a steal. It would be better to run the H22A trans because its geared a lot better for the motor. You can use the F22A trans but its gonna be a bit longer. Axles and other crap you can use your accord ones no problem and such.

The New-ish Ride
              My old Ride
              Hear my Vtak!!!
              MK3 Member #3
              I piss off people for fun.
              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

are you talking about other motor parts or tranny, or suspension or what? there are plenty of parts off of a lude that will fit on a cb, IF it's a 4th gen lude.

Comment

Working...
                X