This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Details on F22b DOHC swap?

Ok, this is the swap I'm considering. Here's what I need to know before I decide to order one though.

1.) Will it work with my stock transmission?

2.) Will I need an ECU for it or just use my stock ECU?

3.) Will the exhaust header I put on my current motor work on the F22b DOHC?

4.) Will it mount up with my current mounts?

5.) What about the whole OBD issue? Will this be a wiring nightmare?

Anything else I should know about?
    I read somewhere that marijuana effects the memory. For some reason I can't seem remember where I read that. -- max sideburn(aka torqstr)

"Those who would sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither." - Benjamin Franklin

CB7: The Movie TEASER VIDEO

OMFG!! search dude!

its just like swapping another F22, its fucking simple. it shouldnt take more than a day either.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

yeah I could search for hours and hours to find answers to each and every one of these questions.... or someone who knows could just answer them. I would really appreciate some direct answers. I want to do a swap, I just don't want to have to buy mount adapter kits, new exhaust header, etc...
      I read somewhere that marijuana effects the memory. For some reason I can't seem remember where I read that. -- max sideburn(aka torqstr)

"Those who would sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither." - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

if u searched, i garraunty(sp?) one thread u find will answer every question u have. newer people wonder why there threads get locked or closed, its because theres been thousands of other threads about the exact same thing.

My Members Ride Thread
        Originally posted by deevergote
        You have to think outside the box to get IN the box!

Comment

i just gave you the fucking answer!! are you that retarded?

and with what you just said, about not willing to search, you really think people are gona wana help you know?

fuck, it shouldnt even take an hour of searching to find the answer.

Comment

look at the H22 Complete FAQ guide thingamajiggy in the Thread Index in the swaps forum. every CB7 swap is identical minus the wiring, so the only difference would be that teh h22 has vtec wiring, f22b doesnt. everything else is the same.

Originally posted by d112crzy
            fuck, it shouldnt even take an hour of searching to find the answer.
            correct, it should only take 14.2 seconds, because its in the sticky in the swaps forum

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
            - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
            - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
            Current cars:
            - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
            - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike]
              look at the H22 Complete FAQ guide thingamajiggy in the Thread Index in the swaps forum. every CB7 swap is identical minus the wiring, so the only difference would be that teh h22 has vtec wiring, f22b doesnt. everything else is the same.

correct, it should only take 14.2 seconds, because its in the sticky in the swaps forum
              and about 30 seconds if you're on dial up, lol.

Comment

...I just searched for nearly 15 minutes, I cannot find a DIRECT answer to ANY of these questions. Can someone just please answer these questions instead of telling me to keep searching which I obviously AM, but cannot find answers. I find vague information, not EXACT ANSWERS TO SIMPLE QUESTIONS!

Comment

no.

Comment

It also requires that you not be a complete fucking dumbass.

Figured most people should know that already, but then I realized we were dealing with one of cb7tuner.com's new users, who generally serve as a detriment to the average intelligence of the user base.

...kind of like contaminating the water supply with every communicable disease in existence

cha-ching

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy
                      OMFG!! search dude!

its just like swapping another F22, its fucking simple. it shouldnt take more than a day either.
                      XXX22222

hahahahahah you crack me up foo lols OH YEA SEARCH its like swapping another f22ax motor

Comment

you fucked up by posting this question in the swaps thread instead of the beginner forum

CLICK ON SIG FOR MEMBERS RIDE
                        "2SIIC"
                        Authentic Jerseys for sale
                        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=188314

Comment

yeah, god forbid anyone with half an ounce of patience should see a post asking some simple questions.

search huh? I don't know what the fuck search feature YOURE all using, but the one I'm using requires me to look through pages and pages of completely useless posts just to find one of my questions partially answered.

Thanks for being douchebags, really makes a new user feel welcome

BTW, A new user doesn't necessarily know that swapping an F22B into his car is exactly the same as doing an H23........I know I would think there'd be differences since ITS A DIFFERENT MOTOR. Man, not everybody knows everything at first. I asked in SWAPS because I wanted to know about a SWAP, not get flamed by a battalion of 17 year olds. (The only exception being CPMike, who is always at least civil, thank Mike.)

CLOSE THIS THREAD PLEASE AND PUT A NOTE AT THE TOP OF THE FORUM STATING : "Only post in this forum if you already know everything about swaps."

Comment

you have to understand our side of the story. We all put a lot of effort into making this information easily accessable. Case in point, CPmikes swap stickey at the VERY TOP OF THIS SECTION. It didnt make its self! and it has all the answers you need. no bullshit.

but like stated previously in this thread, the installation will be exactly the reverse of your F22 removal.

but, if you still lazy. here:

1.) Will it work with my stock transmission? YES

2.) Will I need an ECU for it or just use my stock ECU?
                            You can, but it wont run as optimal as it should. you can either have a chipped p06 tuned. or try and find the elusive p39 ECU

3.) Will the exhaust header I put on my current motor work on the F22b DOHC?
                            YES

4.) Will it mount up with my current mounts?
                            YES

5.) What about the whole OBD issue? Will this be a wiring nightmare?
                            NO. IT WILL BE THE SAME

Anything else I should know about?
                            YES! http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=8873

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

^^ a simple look at the SWAP STICKY would answer your questions as well, but i guess common sense owns most noobs as well.

My Members Ride Thread
                              Originally posted by deevergote
                              You have to think outside the box to get IN the box!

Comment

Working...
                              X