exhaust h22a

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

exhaust h22a

Ok so i got my swap jdm h22a , i have my greddy evo cat back, but it dosnt bolt up to the jdm downpipe so what do i do? What parts do i buy, a 92-96 prelude header obviously, but what kind of cat do i buy a 90-93 accord or a 92-96 lude cat, will that all bolt up, and doesn anybody know if the greddy headers comes with a flex pipe cuz it donst look like it in their pics, it dosnt look long at all, would u guys help me out i would appreciate it cuz i need to get this figured out so i dont waste money on wrong parts, thanks
    -95 JDM H22 LSD-
    -HYTECH Header-
    -Skunk2 IM-

how exactly does it "not bolt up" ? the flanges different sizes?

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
    - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
    - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
    Current cars:
    - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
    - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

the flanges dont meet up, they are different lengths, theres about a 6 in gap between the jdm cat and the accord exhaust,, wut do i do??
      -95 JDM H22 LSD-
      -HYTECH Header-
      -Skunk2 IM-

Comment

92-96 'lude header, Accord cat and accord exhuast.

Comment

are you postive it will al bolt up, and in honda tuning they said 2 use the lude cat,, so i need 2 make sure,
          -95 JDM H22 LSD-
          -HYTECH Header-
          -Skunk2 IM-

Comment

I have it in my car.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGDOM
              are you postive it will al bolt up, and in honda tuning they said 2 use the lude cat,, so i need 2 make sure,
              Wasnt that honda tuning article using a 5th gen? What nutbucket says will work tho, I have it in mine also

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm....... DOHC

Comment

go to a shop and have them grind the part down and weld it along with your existing one piece of cake.

Comment

thanks guys, yea that section was on the 5th gen but on one of the pages it commented on earlier year swaps and thats were they said it, they actually wrote a nice comment bout the h22 in the CB7 "It's actually easier. An OBD 1 H22 can be swapped into a 90-93 chassis using all stock mounts......... On the minus side were stumped. " HELL YEA CB7'S FOR LIFE
                  -95 JDM H22 LSD-
                  -HYTECH Header-
                  -Skunk2 IM-

Comment

what i read was, line up the cat to the down pipe, drill new holes into lude downpipe, place gasket, bolt down firm.

and a quik question, i was reading up on the swap and one of the places said, "The jdm distributor is internal-coil, like the obd2 usdm h22." so that means i have to get a conversion kit if i buy the JDM h22? please reply.

the sourse i got this from was here:
                    http://www.altech.com.pl/wbt/_specy/...en%20Swap4.htm
                    thanks all
                    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

same prob i ran into few days ago when buy9in a cap. Whoever told you that was wrong my friend has a 98 prelude and it is external coil. u need to use a 90-93 accord distributor cap, and a93-01 prelude rotor. i know it a weird match buy thats what u need 2 use, if anybody says other wise they are also wrong, they can check my car if they'd like, so ha.... hope that helps
                      -95 JDM H22 LSD-
                      -HYTECH Header-
                      -Skunk2 IM-

Comment

so just swap it out of the jdm motor? like the accord one will bolt right in with a lude rotor? thanks
                        I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Working...
                        X