Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JDM or USDM?

I'm prolly gonna be ordering the engine soon..soooo

What H22 version should I get? My friend told me that if some thing breaks in the JDM version I might need to get the JDM version of that part as well. Like it would be more expensive to have than the USDM version....is this true?

Oh and what year would be the best to get? Which one doesn't have a governor on it...

Also...I'm gonna be getting the complete swap from http://www.hmotorsonline.com/, what extra am I gonna need that prolly won't come with the swap? Like I'm pretty sure my cold air for my accord isnt gonna fit the H'....or is it?

Thanks!

Buying Your Tan Interior Parts ( Click Here )
    .::.My Member's Ride Section.::.
    .::._____My Myspace______.::.

no, thats not true.

hmotors sells JDM motors, so thats what youd get. id suggest one anyway, since they usually have less miles and are usually a little fresher. 10hp more, too. and the governor is the ECU... the USDM ecus have governors, i dont remember if the JDM one does, i think it might... pick up a chipped ECU and youll be governorless

you wont technically need anything extra to get it in, and the accord CAI will work, but itll be a little small... only thing youll need is maintenance items that you should do while hte mtoor is out, like a clutch, timing belts, and water pump.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
    - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
    - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
    Current cars:
    - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
    - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Also, good luck trying to find a USDM OBD1 H22 that has not been thrashed to death, they dont exisist, and when they do pop up, they are expensive.

Comment

ok good....JDM it is. I have heard though that I would need to get new exaust, right?
        now I put a stage 1, I believe, exedy clutch in my car a couple months back. it has roughly around 4000 miles on it. it still feels good. can I use this in the H, or should I get a new one?

Comment

any one? hehe

Comment

You can use the clutch and also you need a new header. Unless yours comes with the whole assembly the JDM dp needs some modification, A usdm will fit on just fine. Aftermarket header will fit on np.

The New-ish Ride
            My old Ride
            Hear my Vtak!!!
            MK3 Member #3
            I piss off people for fun.
            IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by xScott
              Also, good luck trying to find a USDM OBD1 H22 that has not been thrashed to death, they dont exisist, and when they do pop up, they are expensive.
              Not necessarily true. I picked up my USDM H22A1 for a little under $3k. Freshly rebuilt with Type S pistons (which I ended up replacing with stock), lightweight flywheel, new valves and complete head job. So they ARE out there, just have to look a bit harder. You could try www.haprecycling.com if you want a USDM swap, but I'm not sure what they would charge.
              Originally posted by Junior Smurff
              Nevermind guys, google search works wonders!

I don't have road rage, my car just goes faster than yours!

Accords are for winners. And Grandmothers. But mostly winners.

I have grown so Tired of Internet Illiteracy. Please learn proper spelling and grammar. For your sake and that of your children.

Comment

if i was you i would go with the jdm h22. One you'll have a jdm motor, two it comes with lsd(you will want lsd) and lastly, if i remember correctly the jdm has a little higher compression ratio than the usdm h22. I seen accords with usdm h22's in them, but whatever you dont go cheap on it and get something messed up like my friend did.
                Originally posted by Makaveli2k
                Just goes to show, leave the JDM poses to the Nimble, sleek, asians. =)

Comment

just get a h22 it dont matter what it is usdm or jdm just get it. if you find the right price for either one then get that one. and i beleive that the jdm ecus governor hit at 125mph.

Comment

I thought it was 115 guy. But anyhow as for the h22 get the jdm the USDM ones are hard to find beat resonably unless its been taken care of most of the JDM engines ive had and sold off to certain people ont his board came out to be nice.

Comment

JDM motors have lower mileage. USDM motors are beat by idiot kids, and the motors salvaged when they wrap the car around a tree (ok, that's a biased statement... Japanese people wrap their cars around trees too).

All USDM parts can be used on a JDM engine, except the cap and rotor for the dizzy... for whatever reason, the JDM one is different (and drives me nuts... I still haven't replaced that stuff!) The JDM transmission also has more efficient gearing, which is good for a daily driver.

Not all JDM motors come with LSD. You have to pay extra, if they have it in stock (they didn't when I ordered).

Either way, make sure you get a healthy motor. HMO is a good place to go. I highly recommend them.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                        All USDM parts can be used on a JDM engine, except the cap and rotor for the dizzy... for whatever reason, the JDM one is different (and drives me nuts... I still haven't replaced that stuff!)
                        USDM H22 dizzys are external coil, JDM h22 dizzys are internal. you cant buy an internal coil cap for an H22 here in the states because they never came internal... you have to get an internal cap from a cb7 or a 2000 civic Si.

Current cars:

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike]
                          USDM H22 dizzys are external coil, JDM h22 dizzys are internal. you cant buy an internal coil cap for an H22 here in the states because they never came internal... you have to get an internal cap from a cb7 or a 2000 civic Si.
                          I dont know about you but over here you can buy them internal over at Arch autoparts over here in the states

Comment

Originally posted by h22sparkle
                            I dont know about you but over here you can buy them internal over at Arch autoparts over here in the states
                            yeah you can get internal dizzy caps that fit h22 distributors no problem, its just that 92-96 prelude H22's arent listed as a compatible application, so ppl who go to autozone or wherever and have a JDM h22 and ask for an h22 dizzy cap, they always get the wrong one... but yeah ones that fit are readily available if you know what youre lookign for

Current cars:

Comment

Yes Sir Represent Those Giants Lol
                              R.I.P