.:h22 exhaust:. -urgent-

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

.:h22 exhaust:. -urgent-

K, h22 is in and running everything hooked up cept ps, waiting on the hose. The question is I have a jdm down pipe and its to big to bolt to the cat (knew that) Is there any straight pipe that I could purchase to hook up the 2 parts of the exhaust? Or do I have to go to a exhaust shop and get it welded, I dont really wanna go in that direction cause I want to replace my cat back soon and then it be more cutting/welding. I also have a usdm dp but it doesnt bolt to the headers :/ but it fits onto the cat.
    Originally posted by deevergote
    ..It's not cheap to build a fast CB7, especially NA. However, if you're willing to put the money into the car, it's well worth it in the end. There ARE faster cars out there, but some people, like me, want THIS particular car to be fast!...
    Sold to:tanNn2koo,9tAkord,ThrakBarts,nahmo,andrizzle,or anger
    Bought from:93a-lude, bruno8747, soysauce

1993 H22A cb7 <3 miss you
    04 WRX stg 2 sedan
    Current - 02 WRX stg 2 wagon

USDM downpipe should bolt to the JDM header, as long as its an OEM USDM downpipe, not aftermarket...

there are no available cats/straight pipes that will compensate, you can either get a new flange put onto either the cat or the DP (which is what i did, had it done for free) or you can drill three new holes in the downpipe, to make it match up to the cat. (timmy0tool did that, maybe he can chime in)

picking up an aftermarket header/DP combo will also come with the correct flange.
    Last edited by cp[mike]; 05-30-2006, 11:28 AM.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
    - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
    - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
    Current cars:
    - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
    - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Yep what cp mike said. If you plan on messing with the downpipe might as well try a 2.5" collector upgrade and 2.5" your exhaust all the way back just a suggestion.

The New-ish Ride
      My old Ride
      Hear my Vtak!!!
      MK3 Member #3
      I piss off people for fun.
      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

as mike stated, check out my swap journal on what i did to make my JDM downpipe fit (page 3, link in my sig below). other than that, the USDM downpipe should fit the JDM header. the other option is to just get an aftermarket performance header altogether.
        1cor10:31
        - 92 LX coupe
        - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

forgot bout ur swap journal, I think im gonna do the same thing ty
          Originally posted by deevergote
          ..It's not cheap to build a fast CB7, especially NA. However, if you're willing to put the money into the car, it's well worth it in the end. There ARE faster cars out there, but some people, like me, want THIS particular car to be fast!...
          Sold to:tanNn2koo,9tAkord,ThrakBarts,nahmo,andrizzle,or anger
          Bought from:93a-lude, bruno8747, soysauce

1993 H22A cb7 <3 miss you
          04 WRX stg 2 sedan
          Current - 02 WRX stg 2 wagon

Comment

Working...
          X