Type S head

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Type S head

I know this by definition shouldn't be in this section but I thought I'd ask since locationg one of these goes about the same process as would an entire engine for a swap. Simply, where can I find an H22A-S head? I don't want to buy an entire front clip or an entire swap, just an assembled head, cams or no cams. I know it's going to be expensive but I've decided against the LS1 for now so I can spend some time building more credit. I e-mailed Hmotorsonline about it a minute ago but I don't know what help they will be able to provide me as it's not an entire engine. Any other leads from anyone? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

The engines are rare enough man...that's like finding an F20B head. Better luck buying the whole thing and selling the block/guts off...I know a lot of people like buying Type-S pistons.

On a semi-related note, has anyone ever seen a stock wheel dyno of the Type-S?

Originally posted by lordoja
    im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

seems like the Type-S's are being a little more popular... typeSbaby, h22sparkle, and a couple other less active members... i guess you could wait until one of them blows something on their bottom end, or just buy a whole one and sell off the block :\ its tough with rare motors, even regular h22 heads arent THAT common...

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
      - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
      - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
      Current cars:
      - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
      - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

You'd probably be better off just milling the regular head and getting cams...

Originally posted by lordoja
        im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike]
          seems like the Type-S's are being a little more popular... typeSbaby, h22sparkle, and a couple other less active members... i guess you could wait until one of them blows something on their bottom end, or just buy a whole one and sell off the block :\ its tough with rare motors, even regular h22 heads arent THAT common...
          Thats true. Anyway as for the dyno numbers i would think the hp would be almost similar but the tq will be diff.

The New-ish Ride
          My old Ride
          Hear my Vtak!!!
          MK3 Member #3
          I piss off people for fun.
          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Whoa i just found this on HT comparison. http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=475777 F20B vs H22A.

The New-ish Ride
            My old Ride
            Hear my Vtak!!!
            MK3 Member #3
            I piss off people for fun.
            IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Yeah I figured it was a stretch to ask but oh well. As far as selling off partsgoes, could I even come close to making a fair bit of money back? I'm not up to speed on the current 5g Prelude market.
              My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

a stock h22 block could go for ~300... dont know how much more it would be worth with type S pistons.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                Current cars:
                - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

nice lookin cb7s good pics too

Comment

Originally posted by HondaGuy1212
                    nice lookin cb7s good pics too
                    I don't get it.

Anyways, I just talked to Matt at Hmotorsonline and we talked about my goals both near and future and I think I'm going to hold off for now. I'm going to spend this time building a block that could be used with a Type S head should I be able to find one in the future or just get the whole swap. Another thing that got me curious was something he said about the F20B head. He said I might want to look into that swap because it's cheaper. I told him that I wanted the H22A-S head for the better flowing ports and the different valve angle. He never specifically told me that the F20B head was a better alternative than the regular H22A but the way he worded it got me curious.

Comment

Working...
                    X