H22a on STOCK 93 clutch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H22a on STOCK 93 clutch?

Im wondering if my car will run FINE with my stock Clutch with my H22A? do you suggest i get a clutch kit? or anything?! lemme know your feedback MUCH appreciated!

MPAccord
    xxx

The clutch should be fine as long as its in good condition but if you plan on nitrous or turbo I would upgrade with at least a stage 2 or better.
    Oil leak?What oil leak? That's just sweat from all that horsepower!

Applied knowledge is power!

NITROUS FOR YOUR BODY

BIRTHDAYS ARE JUST AROUND THE CORNER
    registration is free

Comment

clutches only last a certain amount of time... depending on usage itll wear down and need to be replaced after a certain number of miles. the thing you need to decide is do you spend the $150 now and install it when its super easy and have another 5-10 years of a nice clutch, or save the money and possibly end up needing to replace it in a year or two... which will require spending that same $150, also all the labor for removing the transmission and doing the clutch swap while its in the car.

its only a matter of time until the clutch needs to be replaced, youll be spending same money on a new clutch either way... spend it now, when you have a chance to put the thing in with minimal labor. youll also have the freshest, best performance for your new h22... but thats just me.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
      - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
      - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
      Current cars:
      - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
      - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

lol alright heres the ISSUE im getting my engine dropped in THIS thursday... but the thing is i wouldnt NOT be able to get a clutch kit in time if i ordered it through the interenet and RUSHED it. cause i only have a budget of 350 dollars left. UNLESS someone knows a good reliable site that can get me it to me WITHIN 2 days lol but my plan right now is to UNFORTUNETLY go shopping around at my LOCAL car shops and ask but im PRETTY SURE their gonna try to take if not most but ALL my money haha. any suggestions?!

2 days left.... haha
        xxx

Comment

Damn check on ebay and get an XTD Clutch. Stage 3 clutch kit was 150 or thats what i paid. Talk to the seller and see if he will overnight it he might charge you extra though.

The New-ish Ride
          My old Ride
          Hear my Vtak!!!
          MK3 Member #3
          I piss off people for fun.
          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

stage 3? wont that be a little sketchy? idk im just asking haha XTD good? you have any problem with it? whats your set up for you h22?
            xxx

Comment

Well you dont have to get a stage 3 you can get other ones which are a bit cheaper. I just got it cuz just in case im gonna go add more hp in the future I wont have to worry bout the drivetrain. There is a write up on XTD clutches. Ive heard pretty good things about him. I rode in a buddies car with a stage 3 clutch on his f22b and it grabbed pretty hard. Im only running intake and header for now on my h22.

The New-ish Ride
              My old Ride
              Hear my Vtak!!!
              MK3 Member #3
              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

how does she run? yours is a 4 door right? u get all your stuff on ebay?
                xxx

Comment

She runs good. No just the clutch off ebay. Basically when i did my swap i got a complete used external coil h22a dizzy, new OEM flywheel, LUK OEM clutch (which i regret buying wore out already and sucks), Plugs/wires, new header, used intake from my accord, replaced all the seals, timing/water pump, Axles since one of mine was busted, and thats bout all i can think of at this moment. Just changed most of it out for reassurance reasons so i wont have to worry bout problems in the long run. O yea and i compression tested the motor ran 215 all across good stuff.

The New-ish Ride
                  My old Ride
                  Hear my Vtak!!!
                  MK3 Member #3
                  IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

xtd stage 2 clutches from ebay are awesome for the price... if u could manage to get one, definately recommended...

with my old h22, i used an autozone clutch that i got through a friend's employee discount, i think it was like 100 for the kit, but that was years ago and i dont remember... but those you can just go into autozone and pick up...

any performance shops around that could get you one next-day ?

Current cars:

Comment

i mean THEY could but around here theyll do anything to RIP you off like big time. i think im jjust gonna go with the XTD clutch you guys are talking about im waiting on a EMAIL that i sent the SELLER on ebay so wish me luck guys haha i hope he can get it to me by thursday lol

and Nail sounds like you were on top of things with your h22a mad props bud
                      xxx

Comment

Theres nothing wrong with buying a clutch from auto zone. And it comes with a lifetime warranty.
                        Oil leak?What oil leak? That's just sweat from all that horsepower!

Applied knowledge is power!

NITROUS FOR YOUR BODY

BIRTHDAYS ARE JUST AROUND THE CORNER
                        registration is free

Comment

Originally posted by koolkoreanked
                          Theres nothing wrong with buying a clutch from auto zone. And it comes with a lifetime warranty.
                          i agree, i used one for a while with no issues, and it grabbed fine. i just opted to pick up an XTD clutch for the next time my motor was out...

Current cars:

Comment

Yeah I know XTD is an eBay-only company, but they're one of many people I've met in person, drove to Koreatown in LA to pick up my part yes i did -- totally trustworthy and honest seller -- I have a stage 3 and it was worth every penny (even though it ate my transmission, but meh, any excuse for a rebuild is excuse enough for me ) - go for the stage 2 if you're worried about the power, plus itll save you a couple bucks - but yeah, it never hurts to call and ask about express shipping

a stock replacement clutch from autozone, etc... will do you fine for now if you really need it that fast, plus if you don't plan on doing a lot of performance mods - like forced induction - in the very near future you be just fine (and dont have to worry about superclutches eating your transmission)

breathing is deadly underwater...

Comment

i emailed the guy about the XTD clutch and he said he could have it to me next day for only 69 buck for shipping i think im gonna get that one and im rpetty sure id have it before afternoon to my house lol sound like a play guys? haha
                              xxx

Comment

Working...
                              X