H22???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H22???

I was wondering how hard it actually is to do the H22 swap into a 1990 accord LX, i already looked into it and got all the pricing but i wanted to know how hard it would be??? Thank You

before some of the veterans on this site flame you aout for asking this question maybe you should do a search and delete this thread youll find something cuz there are alot of peeps on here that have dont that swap i myself am looking to do it soon so just search im sure youll find the info you need

Ride List
    1990 Accord dx coupe - my baby (dsm turbo set up in progress) http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3202853
    2005 Mazda 6s - daily driver http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3171724(totaled)
    newest 2006 mazdaspeed 6 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/4073987/2006-mazda-mazda6

Comment

Its not much harder then using the search button, so if you can't use the search button, I wouldn't even try the swap.

Comment

"hard" is a relative term. What is hard to you may be cake to someone else.

If you want to attempt the swap yourself, you CAN do it. If you find it to be difficult, it'll just take longer. It's certainly not impossible!

First off, do you have a garage to work in? Or at least a paved driveway? If all you have is dirt or the street to work in, I wouldn't try it. If you have the proper setting for the work, then you have to look at your tools... air tools are helpful (though not necessary). A good ratchet set will be quite valuable. You'll also need a breaker bar (especially if you don't have air tools). Quite obviously an engine hoist is necessary... You'll also have to have containers to drain and dispose of fluids.

If you have all that, all you need to do is read... and use some common sense. Granted, it's not going to be an 8 hour job like it is for some of the experienced members here... it'll probably take you a week or two to get it right, especially if you're not familiar with the underhood environment.

If you're not comfortable with doing it yourself, and you're from Lancaster PA (as I'm assuming from "lancaster"...) There are many guys fairly local to you that might be willing to help for a small profit... certainly less than a shop would charge!

Comment

Oh what fun you shall have if you don't know how to do it properly.
          All I say is I hope you know how to rewire an Engine Harness. That was the most fun I've had in ages.
          If you don't know your way around and engine bay don't bother, get a Pro to do it. Less headaches.

Comment

engine harness..... *shudder*

Comment

Originally posted by Dv8
              engine harness..... *shudder*
              Four wires.
              2003 Maxima SE Titanium Edition
              Polished Titanium ext, heated black leather int, heated leather steering wheel, HIDs, 255bhp, 6 speed, 15% tint.
              1993 Suzuki GSX1100F 136bhp

Comment

Originally posted by SteveB
                Four wires.
                And plug and play. The whole process of wiring my engine takes me about 5 minutes. Flipping a few wires around, well thats cake.

Comment

or you can come out here and ill swap it for you my tools are already at the ready.

Comment

Originally posted by wrichards2005
                    Its not much harder then using the search button, so if you can't use the search button, I wouldn't even try the swap.
                    ditto.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                    - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                    - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                    - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                    - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                    - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                    Current cars:
                    - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                    - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

accord07420- my first and only swap i've ever done was my own H22. believe me, read & print, print & read, this:

Complete Swap FAQ

this info is relatively easy to understand and enough to cover a complete H22 swap. and as mentioned, SEARCH and you shall find
                      5.6L V8 32V DOHC
                      JDM HERITAGE - US BUILT

Comment

Read the FAQs on this site... (hint, check the "sticky" threads on the top of this Swaps forum). If you have absolutely NO idea what you're reading, then the swap is probably too hard for you. It's a great learning experience, and you'd come out of it with a LOT more knowledge than you had going in (or you'll come out with a non-running car and no clue...)

Comment

Originally posted by AcclipseH23
                          And plug and play. The whole process of wiring my engine takes me about 5 minutes. Flipping a few wires around, well thats cake.
                          5 Minutes, What a load of Dog's Bollocks.

BTW: How many times do you have to re-wire your engine??

Comment

Originally posted by F22-GURU

This comment shows you noobiness. And you swapped in a JDM F22a? If it took you longer than 5 minutes to slap on the stock F22A harness then...

I am refereing to my F22b swaps, which were direct plug and play. Starting form injectors to dizzy takes 5 minutes. And I never had any wiring problems in 2 years now. I guess some people just know what they are doing. I wired up a D16 vtec in about the same amount of time with a NON-VTEC harness. Unless you are a complete moron, its pretty hard to place the wrong plug on a sensor. The wires are made to the exact length need to meet its location.
                            Last edited by KillerCam282; 01-19-2006, 10:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by F22-GURU

thats not too far off, even for an h22. adding the wires takes an extra 5 minutes, so 10 minutes.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                              - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                              - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                              - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                              - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                              - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                              - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                              - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                              Current cars:
                              - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                              - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Working...
                              X