engine tilt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

engine tilt

do u have to use a dx accord rear engine mount on a h22 swap in a ex chassis. the mount the ex has have a vacuum port of some sort. i think i need the mount without that. how do i keep power steering fliud in the rack and pinion without pump and lines plz help a brother out

I dont know about the power steering thing but uhhh I think you can.

Comment

keep your stock rear mount and bracket... if youre staying auto, you need to keep the rear mount working. if youre converting to manual, take a hammer and smash off the vacuum plunger off hte side of the mount, and you can still use it.

about the p/s, not sure.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
      - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
      - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
      Current cars:
      - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
      - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

I've done a few 5 speed conversions. and if you are converting to manual you need the rear mount i believe. If you don't the motor mounts will not line up with the rear in. I spent a day trying to figure out why my motor would not go in and finally i realized that the back mount is way different.
        vouch for:924dr, sn2bh22cb7, soysaucecb7, ecto1, PRIMESNIPER,2.2litrebeater,turbowagon94, losiracer2,jacobuchanan140, tommi, dannyd

Comment

and the powersteering fill your rack through the pressure line and the other line coming off of the pump that goes to the reservoir clamp that to the end of the pressure line. or you can just hack part of your ps bracket off and rig your hose to make it reach and you can still have pussy steering. haha lol
          vouch for:924dr, sn2bh22cb7, soysaucecb7, ecto1, PRIMESNIPER,2.2litrebeater,turbowagon94, losiracer2,jacobuchanan140, tommi, dannyd

Comment

Originally posted by gromofsky_92
            I've done a few 5 speed conversions. and if you are converting to manual you need the rear mount i believe. If you don't the motor mounts will not line up with the rear in. I spent a day trying to figure out why my motor would not go in and finally i realized that the back mount is way different.
            ive done a few myself, and done different combinations of rear mounts. any rear mount will work fine, as long as you match the large rear bracket thats on the back of the motor to the mount that u have on hte crossmember, then youll be fine. so even if hes converting to 5spd, if he keeps his original mount and bracket swapped onto the new motor, itll sit level.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
            - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
            - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
            Current cars:
            - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
            - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

its new to me

Ok you might be right but the auto mount on the rear crossmember has some sort of air control deal and the vaccum line that goes up to the control sensor on the fire wall. but the bell housing bolts are the same so if the bracket fits on the motor then its gotta fit on the mount. Never thought of that now i can just change the bracket and have the air mount deal. BTW what is that mount setup on the auto????

Comment

Working...
              X