H22A7 Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H22A7 Questions

Well I was looking up H22 specs and stuff and stumbled across a H22A7, which I never even heard of before:
    H22A7 / Accord Type R / Years: 97-01 / HP:220 / Torque: 163 / Comp: 11:1 / Bore:87mm / Stroke: 90mm / DOHC VTEC / Disp: 2157cc / OBD:2 / JDM = how hard is this to get ahold of? How much would this swap run$$$? Would it be worth it, since its OBD2?
    Jay
    Hittin Switches - Draggin XhaustAlways Under Construction

that thing is like $4k+ for the motor alone, i say definately not worth it. only benefit of having it would be that its uncommon. if you really want OBD2, get a regular (not a7) 97+ h22a.

edit: http://www.hmotorsonline.com/shop/sc...age&item=30017 <- thats the JDM "type S" equivalent... i think the h22a7 was the Accord Euro-R motor?
    Last edited by cp[mike]; 02-08-2004, 03:16 AM.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
    - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
    - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
    Current cars:
    - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
    - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Yeah, I'm not sure exactly which one that is... I've always known the "Type S" engine as just that... Type S... it very well could be the A7. There was something significantly different with the EuroR motor, but I forget what it is... too late to think tonight! I believe there was something other than just the valve cover... displacement, torque... something.

Comment

So what's the H22A* code for the Type S anyway? I never knew that one...

Comment

If i were you id just get the base jdm prelude and call it a day and with the money left over you can put more on the base and perhaps make more than the one you want

Comment

Working...
          X