Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would an F22 power steering pulley work on an H22 setup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would an F22 power steering pulley work on an H22 setup?

I'm thinking about buying a UR power steering pulley, but it's the larger F22 pulley. The H22 pulley is noticably smaller in diameter. Would this make a difference? Can I do any damage to the pump or anything?

I know I may need to find an odd sized belt, but I'm sure I can do that. I just want to make sure I'm not hurting anything if I do that! I suppose I can always put the pulley on my F22...

In my guestimation, it probably wont drive the pump properly due to the pulley's increase in size. However, this may only be minor or not noticable. However, the belt would be an issue. Maybe a F22 belt would do the trick.

Comment

It is? I compared the F22 and H22 ps pumps when I swapped and I'm pretty sure they pulleys were the same size.

Comment

I checked it out at the meet we had yesterday. The UR pulley was the same diameter as alb_accord's F22 power steering pulley, but noticably larger in diameter compared to my H22 pulley.

And for the belts, I would probably need to run the skinnier of the two... probably the Accord one. Although the UR pulley seemed to be the same width as the pulley on the H22...

Comment

Man that's weird. I know the setup I ran was the h22 pump with the f22 crank pulley and h22 ps belt. Everything fit perfect. I DO know that the belts had the same number of ribs in my application.

EDIT: Remember now! The crank pulley for the f22 and h22 have the same size ps portion with the same number of ribs. I guess I stand corrected that the f22 and h22 pumps have differently sized pulleys.
          Last edited by NutBucket; 09-20-2005, 12:35 AM.

Comment

Well like I said, I'll let you try it for free and see if that diameter changes anything. Of course you definitely would need a new belt. I've tried to do some internet info searching for more answers.
            Do you have an aftermarket crank pulley on there? Ever think of dumping your PS?
            Metal Metal and more Metal!!!

How much does your wheel/tire combo weigh? Post here!
            -=Suicide Crew Member #1 (only member so far)=-
            MY RIDE

"I was hoping the Wolverine would finger one of those Japanese girls and then extend a claw into her b hole just for fun, BUT that never happened and I was extremely unsatisfied with the movie because of it." -Macaqueistrong

Comment

Something told me that you would be the one with the answer, Ricky! So the larger pulley won't damage the pump, or change the way things work?

And Nick, I do have the UR crank pulley... One of the older models, made for the H22. I've considered dropping the PS, but probably not till I do some major engine work. Right now my car is powerful enough, but still a decent daily driver. I want to retain some luxury (like putting AC back in!) Once I have the power to justify dropping some weight, I'll make my engine bay look like Maury's!

Comment

Originally posted by beevergote
                Once I have the power to justify dropping some weight, I'll make my engine bay look like Maury's!
                ever notice that mauri is the new standard for amazing-looking engine bays for the NJ-NY area? we all wanna strip out our engine bays now because of him

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                Current cars:
                - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

I am assuming that Maury's engine bay is clean as hell. I will get there, someday.

Comment

He's got absolutely NOTHING in his bay. Motor, alternator, intake, fusebox. You could hide an illegal alien in there!

Comment

Now... I know I should go ask this at a parts store or a shop... but I'm on my computer NOW, while it's on my mind and I'm going to work until about 10 tonight, so no shop will be open...

The question is: I can get a custom sized belt to fit this setup, right?

Comment

I am sure you can, however won't the plain ol F22 belt work?

Comment

Not sure... it'll be on the H22... with the UR crank pulley that's made for the H22.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                            The question is: I can get a custom sized belt to fit this setup, right?
                            They make belts in any size you want. As long as the crank pulley has the same number of ribs as the PS pulley, it's just a matter of picking the right length. Probably an inch longer belt would do. I believe you can just go back to the store and get a different size if the one you pick out is too short.
                            Metal Metal and more Metal!!!

How much does your wheel/tire combo weigh? Post here!
                            -=Suicide Crew Member #1 (only member so far)=-
                            MY RIDE

"I was hoping the Wolverine would finger one of those Japanese girls and then extend a claw into her b hole just for fun, BUT that never happened and I was extremely unsatisfied with the movie because of it." -Macaqueistrong

Comment

im going through the same issue. i want, nevermind, i need power steering. does anyone actually run ps? and how

Nitrous is like a hot chick with an STD. You know you wanna hit it, but your afraid of the consequences.

My Member Thread

^ Updated pics 3/3/06

Comment

Working...
                              X