Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the big deal w/going between OBD's?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's the big deal w/going between OBD's?

All the wires go to the ECU, right? If you got something like a K20A why would you even try to retain the stock harness? Why not rip out all the wiring and put the new one in? I feel like there's a huge factor I'm missing...

Originally posted by lordoja
    im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Yes that works. But do you know what replacing the entire engine and interior harness entails? Dash removal is inevitable. Some of you dash harness is incorporated with the ECU harness (in some cars, not sure about CB7s tho). Then that means splicing to get all of your stuff to work. Who wants that when you can just step the motor down to OBD1. Less work and less of headache. Most people piss their pants when they see wires anyway.

Comment

plus if im not mistaken, and correct me if im wrong but doesnt the OBD1s have like less emissions.
      Used To Be The One & Only H22 Powered CB7 In Oklahoma! ! !

Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but you still
      can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs!

Comment

Originally posted by 93ACCLUDE
        plus if im not mistaken, and correct me if im wrong but doesnt the OBD1s have like less emissions.
        No, OBD1 and 2 have to do with on board diagnostics. OBD1 is when the ecu has to be jumped for codes, OBD2 has a diagnostic port.

Comment

Originally posted by fizzbob7
          ......it's like teaching somene greek so that they can read a greek magazine article, when you could just make it easier and re-write the article in english for them
          thats an awesomely perfect analogy!

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
          - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
          - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
          Current cars:
          - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
          - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

I dunno...I mess around with my stereo all the time, and I have a multimeter...that stuff doesn't scare me. If I was gonna put a K20A in my CB I'd prob. just get aftermarket gauges...and I'm sure there's solutions for any little niggles I'd encounter. Not saying I'm gonna do it, but I'm just saying. Cars are really not that complicated.

Originally posted by lordoja
            im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by AcclipseH23
              No, OBD1 and 2 have to do with on board diagnostics. OBD1 is when the ecu has to be jumped for codes, OBD2 has a diagnostic port.
              thank you!
              Used To Be The One & Only H22 Powered CB7 In Oklahoma! ! !

Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but you still
              can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs!

Comment

Working...
              X