Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What cold air intake would I use for an H22?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What cold air intake would I use for an H22?

When I eventually put an H22 in my Accord. What cold air intake system am I supposed to use? One made for the Accord's stock F22, or would I get the model designed for the Prelude? Not sure if this has been covered before. Sorry if it has.

search search search search search

hehehe: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=829

welcome to cb7tuner! and if its been covered before, that means its findable by a search

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
    - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
    - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
    Current cars:
    - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
    - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Thank you sir. But that discussion was mainly about short rams, it wasn't too clear on what fits properly.

I don't wanna move my battery. What I wanna know is....if I get an AEM CAI made for the F22 Accord, will I be able to just use the same one for the H22. I don't want to waste money on one if I'm not going to be able to use it in a couple of months with the new engine. From what I understood, it will work fine, and the only difference is the 'Lude CAI is larger diameter, but does it really matter? Larger by how much? In that case, Could I just get the CAI designed for the prelude and use it on my F22? If it works the other way around, theorectically, it should work this way too right?

Comment

yes you can use an h22 one if you wish or a f22 one. either will do just fine. but u do know u have to cut a hole no matter what right? its not hard just use a hole saw and your all good. good luck.

Comment

Alright, thanks. So I think I'll just get the 'Lude one already now, so when I get the engine I'll have the intake designed for optimal performance. Yeah I know i gotta cut me a hole.

About that hole and the whole CAI thing...what will that do to me as far as winter driving in Quebec is concerned?

Comment

Working...
          X