Official H22A Motor Swap Costs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Official H22A Motor Swap Costs

This is a list of the complete cost of all the items I had to purchase to do the H22A1 swap into my 1992 Honda Accord EX. Keep in mind that some of these parts are Honda OEM parts. I wanted to go w/ quality parts to be assured things would work correctly. The reason things are so out of order is because they were listed as I purchased them. Let me know if you have any questions. Also, I'm not responsible for you buying any of these parts and them not working/looking the way you want, nor am I responsible for you screwing up your car because you didn't buy something I forgot to list. Enjoy!!!

Motor Swap Costs:

92-96 Prelude Helms Manual-free from cb7tuner member (don't pay for this) Accord Wiring harness (for the extra pins needed)$5.00 via cb7tuner member.
    Apexi VAFC version one-$150 from importatlanta.com member
    heat shrink tubing $1.50 from Lowes
    jdm h22a w/ lsd-$2461 from Pacific Engine Company in Chamblee-Tucker, GA
    stainless steel header from megan racing-$175.00
    shipped stainless steel high flow cat, or resonated test pipe, from megan racing-$90.95 shipped
    apexi world sport 1 catback-$400
    aem short ram intake(polished)-$115.00
    auto to manual tensioner conversion parts from majestic-about $130.00 shipped
    exedy (daikin) stock replacement clutch kit from clutch city online-$119.00 shipped
    Mobil one synthetic 10w-30 oil and filter-$40.00
    auto wire (18 AWG) from radio shack and solder-$5.00
    replacement tools for ones broken various ways- about $30.00
    replacement rotor cap, button, plug wires, plugs-$75.00(ngk on plugs and wires, wells on cap/button)
    water pump new-$60.00
    oem timing belt and tranny fluid from honda dealer-$80.00
    balance belt and a/c/alt. belt-$25.00(if going w/o power steering, get a 43 1/2" w/ four groove.)
    refurb axles w/ lifetime warranty-$130.00
    dot 3 brake fluid to brake and clutch cylinders-$5.00
    replacement hoses for heater/vacuum, and hose fittings, connectors-$15.00
    battery box and connectors/wiring to move battery to trunk, making room for lude short ram-$30.00
    mechanix gloves(recommended to save hands from cuts/stabs)-$20.00
    antifreeze(50/50)-$7.00
    good elec. tape-$8.00($4.00 a roll)
    plastic loom to replace old loom on harness-$8.00
    tranny fluid spout-$2.00 from wal-mart
    fluid tray(generic for pourin all old fluids into)-$3.00 misc.
    bolts I lost-$5.00 from pull-a-part

It's amazing, but this all comes out to $4195.50!!! Take into account that I did purchase some items that you wouldn't need such as the VAFC and test pipe, but I would still plan on spending no less than $3700 for the swap period. The worst misconception that most people have when they come into this swap is that it is going to cost them the 2400 dollars that the engine cost, plus a max of 200-300 dollars more. I honestly believe that it's impossible to only spend that much more if you want to do it right. It will cost more, but will be worth it in the long run. I did buy these things at different times, which is definitely what I would recommend you do to make it easier on you during the swap. It may seem that spending this amount of money is a waste in a car that is 10+ years old, but look at it this way. You're getting speed and reliability out of a car that has very cheap insurance, cheap tags, and looks great!
    JDM H22 w/ M2B4 Tranny

Hondata has arrived!!

Wikked Cell phone bill:50

haha meh.. i dunno if i could justify the cost of the swap yet.. 4gs? shit.. thats like 4 boosted cb7s.. or 3 hybridized cb7s.. but much props.. on a WELL DONE/WELL rounded swap.. sorry.. i know i made u go the extra mile on some of those (water pump) tehe tehe.

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

that's fine...at least i know i have a brand new pump in there...wonder if this'll get schtickey status ?????
      JDM H22 w/ M2B4 Tranny

Hondata has arrived!!

Comment

probably.. it should.. very REALSTIC on how much u need to spend.. i hate ppl that say u can do a h22a swap for 2,500.. riiiiiight.. lol

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

Originally posted by tehpr3chr
          It's amazing, but this all comes out to $4195.50!!! Take into account that I did purchase some items that you wouldn't need such as the VAFC and test pipe, but I would still plan on spending no less than $3700 for the swap period.

3615 when you subtract exhuast ($400), vafc ($150), and battery relocation ($30).

3610 when you subtract the bolts you lost.

good job.

absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Comment

lmao.. nice catch el.. haha still expensive..

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

thats bullshit from alotta talk. Well the motor should cost about 2,250 or less shipped to your house and if you have the tools get the piping done that 50 bucks to 75 bucks then the clutch thats another 250 0r 150 if your goin to stock and your set. Reliable hp.

Comment

Very nice write-up. it will help everyone in the future when swapping an h22a due to the fact that we now have a very good check list to work from. needless to say there are a few parts that arent needed. but its just quite obvious things you should have. and everyone forgets about all the fluid changes and whatnot too. for adding them in. all that fluid can get pretty expensive at times.

2 thumbs up!

Because of my very undecided mind, ill be prolly printing this out and using it as a checklist for myself thanks!

Michalob's CB7

Comment

Originally posted by Michalob
                  Very nice write-up. it will help everyone in the future when swapping an h22a due to the fact that we now have a very good check list to work from. needless to say there are a few parts that arent needed. but its just quite obvious things you should have. and everyone forgets about all the fluid changes and whatnot too. for adding them in. all that fluid can get pretty expensive at times.

2 thumbs up!

Because of my very undecided mind, ill be prolly printing this out and using it as a checklist for myself thanks!
                  no it wont, cause no one knows how to search.
                  H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

Originally posted by phatdoughnut
                    no it wont, cause no one knows how to search.
                    HEHEHE...ur exactly right! now a mod please make this a sticky for future ref...and sparkle...it applies if you're replacing your bolt on parts(intake, headers, exhaust) notice that those parts alone added almost 800 dollars.
                    JDM H22 w/ M2B4 Tranny

Hondata has arrived!!

Comment

that is up there in the price.. probably because a lot of us didn't pay $2461 for the motor.
                      Adam - Retired OG member from '03
                      2010 Lexus IS-F : Starfire Pearl
                      2009 Yamaha R1 Raven : Black on Black
                      2002 Lexus IS300 : Crystal White Pearl / Black Leather

.. i HAD more shaved on my accord than your girl does on her entire body..

Comment

Originally posted by rebels
                        that is up there in the price.. probably because a lot of us didn't pay $2461 for the motor.
                        thats cause you got a slowuto with non lsd..
                        H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

bleh, who needs a manual when im gettin a bike. :P

nah, it'll be manual this summer.. but im gettin a very good deal on the manual LSD tranny, or i wouldnt get lsd.
                          Adam - Retired OG member from '03
                          2010 Lexus IS-F : Starfire Pearl
                          2009 Yamaha R1 Raven : Black on Black
                          2002 Lexus IS300 : Crystal White Pearl / Black Leather

.. i HAD more shaved on my accord than your girl does on her entire body..

Comment

Originally posted by WiKKeDV16
                            probably.. it should.. very REALSTIC on how much u need to spend.. i hate ppl that say u can do a h22a swap for 2,500.. riiiiiight.. lol
                            motor tranny ecu 1100
                            new front torque mount 20
                            new clutch 110
                            t belt b/s belt and w/p from honda 130 my cost

whats that add up to be?
                            Finally Up and Running. Numbers to Follow. Check my MR

Comment

Originally posted by mayberry4thgen
                              motor tranny ecu 1100
                              new front torque mount 20
                              new clutch 110
                              t belt b/s belt and w/p from honda 130 my cost

whats that add up to be?
                              <1500 hehehehe

low budget racing.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                              - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                              - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                              - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                              - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                              - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                              - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                              - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                              Current cars:
                              - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                              - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Working...
                              X