Post-swap Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Post-swap Issues

...My H22A swap is completed and I have a few questions that you guys may be able to help me with.

- I have an auto trans (H22) and now that S-mode light is always on. It actually gets brighter the higher the RPMs go. Is this something I need to worry about?

- My headlights get brighter when the RPMs go up as well. I'm thinking maybe a grounding issue (I also have one of those 3-rd party grounding kits installed)?

- My ECU keeps throwing a CEL with code 12 (EGR). It seems to be connected correctly since there no issues during idle and normal driving. I'm kind of stumped on this one...

I'm sure there may be a few more "quirks" popping up as time goes on, but these are the ones I'd like to address for the moment.

Thanks for any info...

i JUST finished my Auto H22 swap as well, a few days back.

I would bet that both your headlights and S light are related to the same thing, probably an alternator thats starting to go out. May want to check the voltage on it.
    Did you run the stock accord EGR or the H22 one? if the H22 did you wire it up right?
    **My CB7 has been sold**

Comment

Originally posted by TalontedTSi
      i JUST finished my Auto H22 swap as well, a few days back.

I would bet that both your headlights and S light are related to the same thing, probably an alternator thats starting to go out. May want to check the voltage on it.
      Did you run the stock accord EGR or the H22 one? if the H22 did you wire it up right?
      ...the alternator is supposed to running at approximately 130amps, instead of the stock 80-90amps.

...i'm running the h22 egr, i'm thinking it could be the connector itself. i didn't wire the harness myself so i'll have to it checked to see if it follows the h22 wiring.

Comment

i kept the h22 EGR valve too... to splice the plug onto the accord wiring, two of the wire colors match, and the third doesnt... match up the two, and connect the third ones together anyway. make sure thats how yours is hooked up.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
        - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
        - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
        Current cars:
        - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
        - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Working...
        X