K Series engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

K Series engine

hmm looked at the possibility of obtaining a K20A engine instead of a H22A just to be totally different and NOPE lol......$8000 just for the engine then there is the loom and gearbox and not to mention the fabrication needed to get it in the CB...damn it.

but DAMN it looks sexy http://asia.vtec.net/Engines/FD2K20AR/index.html
    Last edited by Madpol; 02-17-2011, 09:26 PM.

“I’d rather lose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me. Your car is your story, so don’t let someone else write the book.”
    — Mighty Car Mods

its been done, and they are making mount kits now.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
    Originally posted by Stephen Fry
    'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
    Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Originally posted by steelbluesleepR View Post
      its been done, and they are making mount kits now.
      yeah i knew it had been done and that they made kits for it but i would say not many have done it due to the price. i also looked at a F20C and that also a no with my budget lol and again it has been done before

“I’d rather lose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me. Your car is your story, so don’t let someone else write the book.”
      — Mighty Car Mods

Comment

its a great engine almost all new hondas have then in it heard its one of the best but c32 could beat it still i bet

Comment

Originally posted by Madpol View Post
          $8000 just for the engine
          <$1000 us here

Comment

Originally posted by ChIoVnIdCa View Post
            <$1000 us here
            wtf you serious? its only $1000 us there?

DAMN we get ripped off here.
            mind you it costs us upto $5 for 2 litres of milk here

— Mighty Car Mods

Comment

wtf you serious? its only $1000 us there?

DAMN we get ripped off here.
              mind you it costs us upto $5 for 2 litres of milk here
              lol.....it depends..i think new z would give them for 8000 for a brand new!...usually here in canada. for a junkyard find.....a wreck 2003 honda civic sir with a k20a...the engine is only $1,400 including trans....so don't always go for one person....keep on looking, take time,look ads and junkyard...it will be worth it and would save you a lot that you can invest in something once you completed the engine swap!! right???
              Last edited by mercyboy; 02-18-2011, 02:45 AM.
              VS

Mercyboy: I rather lose by a mile because I built my own car then win by an inch because someone else built it for me..your car is your story, so don't let someone else write the book!

MERCYBOY THREAD:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=158241
              1990 RHD Honda accord si CB3 Canada http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=196287
              MY CB7 ON YOUTUBE: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJID_IxwiNY

Comment

Originally posted by mercyboy View Post
                lol.....it depends..i think new z would give them for 8000 for a brand new!...usually here in canada. for a junkyard find.....a wreck 2003 honda civic sir with a k20a...the engine is only $1,400 including trans....so don't always go for one person....keep on looking, take time,look ads and junkyard...it will be worth it and would save you a lot that you can invest in something once you completed the engine swap!! right???
                yeah that $8000 is for 2nd hand lol but i think its because of a certain race class the K20 is the biggest and best engine they can use and thats why the price is so high

— Mighty Car Mods

Comment

yeah that $8000 is for 2nd hand lol but i think its because of a certain race class the K20 is the biggest and best engine they can use and thats why the price is so high
                  Can you get one shipped from japan, or even america? I bet if you worked closly with a mbr in the states and paid them for their trouble they could get one shipped to you....have you looking on e-bay or other motor sales sites?

Sold too: Grumpys93, '93CB7Ex, Bunta, prodh22accord, SSMAccord, fleetw00d

Comment

The mounts made by Hasport are for the K24, not the K20.

The K20 Type R is still certainly quite pricey... and I assume is the engine in question. The lesser K20 is much more affordable.

Comment

the lesser k20 may also have ecovtec instead of the screaming vtak we all know and love. done a lot of ep research and you gotta get the rsx-s k20 or do a head/ecu swap.
                      To-Do List for Today
                      Be Awesome

Comment

Yeah, if the lesse K20s are anything like the L15 in my Fit... they're not going to be worth swapping at all. Not unless you just want a nice reliable, efficient engine!

Comment

Motor Mounts are 549
                          MRT
                          37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
                          30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
                          27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
                          Originally posted by Tippey764
                          I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
                          Originally posted by deevergote
                          sneaky motherfucker

Comment

For what motor?

Comment

K series. My bad.
                              Engine mount kit for the K-Series (with TSX or Accord Transmission) into the 90-93 Accord.

Will fit with the US Accord K24A4, Element K24A4, TSX K24A2 and the Euro Accord K20A or K24A along with a US 03+ Accord, TSX or Euro Accord Transmission
                              The original thread is here

MRT
                              37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
                              30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
                              27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
                              Originally posted by Tippey764
                              I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
                              Originally posted by deevergote
                              sneaky motherfucker

Comment

Working...
                              X