H23/H22 Frankenstein motor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H23/H22 Frankenstein motor

Well, for those who don't know, I recently acquired an H23 block with a H22A head transplanted on it. There has been many discussions about this freakish motor combo and I was just curious how many people out there have actually done this before. If so, what kind of setup did you have and what kind of results did you get.

Here's what has already been done to my motor:

H23A1 block
    Type-S pistons (11:1 comp.)
    Stock bottom end internals, but they have been balanced
    JDM H22A Head
    Skunk2 Cams
    AEM cam gears
    Port & Polish
    Titanium valve springs
    Valve angle job
    All emissions components removed
    LSD tranny
    Stage 2 clutch
    and more stuff I can't remember right now

What's listed above was built by Inline Pro based in northern VA

My future plans for it:

Completely tear down, blueprint, and rebuild
    fuel rail
    Larger injectors
    additional headwork
    Type-S or Euro-R t.body/intake manifold bored over and polished
    all new gaskets, berrings, and seals
    light flywheel
    high boost supercharger
    rods and crank (prolly JE)
    tranny work (longer gears)
    stand-alone management unit
    and probably tons more but I won't know exactly what needs to be done until I blueprint it.

I'm setting up a work table for the motor rebuild in my garage and hopefully I'll get to start on it soon. This motor is what I plan to use for the mid-engine RWD race Accord that I'm building. The ultimate goal is make it kick out insanely high hp and tq numbers so that I can take the car well over 200mph (hence the longer tranny gears or possibly even a 6speed modification).

I just want to know if anyone has done anything even remotely close to this setup and what they like/don't like about it. Hell, even if you don't have a similar setup, just post what you think about my plans.

The motor rebuild alone should take me about a year and the car modifications should take me about another year or two so within the next few years I plan to break a few records with this setup.

I'm working on getting some sponsors for this now as well. Any help in that department would be appreciated.

Thanks for your feedback!

My Accord History:
    91 EX 2dr : 91 EX 2dr : 91 LX 4dr : 93 EX 2dr : 86 LXi 2dr : 92 LX 4dr : 92 EX 4dr

-Patrick

probably gonna be extremely kickass what are the expected numbers for it?

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
    - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
    - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
    Current cars:
    - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
    - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

wow that sounds like alot of hp!! and also alot of time and money but well worth it i'd love to do something like that but that will be later in my life when i have more funds for that. But i cant wait to see and goodluck with that and keep us posted wit pics and tips of the installation!!
      " The value of life can be measured by how many times your soul has been deeply stirred " - Soichiro Honda

Comment

hey fizz

i was wondering about the gains of these typesof engines. h22/23 and the lsvtec. is there actually gains great enough to justify doing them? and like you mentioned i would think reliability would be an issue.

for instance. a friend of mine has a '00 ls and he wants to put a vtec head on. for the most part it seems like he wants to do it to beat me, which wont happen. but anyways, what kind of power would a basic lsvtec engine make? is it basically a gsr with more torque?

and for the h22/23. from what youve seen, what kind of power do they make in comparision to a h22?

Comment

Yeah, reliability has been an issue for all the H22/H23 combos I've seen, but I also havn't seen one with the same internals as this one so I'm curious to see how will run. It was built by Inline Pro and they claim that this is the third one they did and the first two had good and reliable results so we'll see. It has been built for straight dragging so it's gonna see a lot of wear anyway you look at it. I have the motor now so I'm either gonna stick it on an engine dyno as-is and see what it's got, rip it apart and rebuild it, or sell/trade it. I'll let you guys know whatever I end up doing with it.

My Accord History:
          91 EX 2dr : 91 EX 2dr : 91 LX 4dr : 93 EX 2dr : 86 LXi 2dr : 92 LX 4dr : 92 EX 4dr

-Patrick

Comment

what kind of hp/tq will a lsvtec make to the wheels? a stock ls makes about 120whp, will putting a vtec head on really jump it 50-60hp?

if youve ever know of any successful, what kind of times did they run?

Comment

Working...
            X