Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

every rotor i put on the car warps within a month!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

every rotor i put on the car warps within a month!

title says it all. i have no clue what to do anymore. every single brake rotor that goes on the car warps in no time. i know its not the way i drive cause everyone else on this board drives around the same way as me. so any thoughts as to why this could be happening? the wheel shakes all over the place and braking is sucking right now

what rotors have you used? brembo slotteds might help if you havent used those...i have the slotted/drilled and havent had any problems yet and they still dont need any resurfacing

Originally posted by fizzbob7
    first off, don't be a sissy bitch.....that's what you're being
    Originally posted by ACC0RD22
    no need to get sand in your vagina over this guys.
    So. Cal OUTLAWZ

Comment

the first time it happened i used oem blank rotors, they warped. the second time i used brembo blank rotors and threw on a set of brembo sport pads, they warped. the 3rd 4th and 5th time i used oem blanks and new pads every time. they have all warped and im lost

Comment

did you check your wheel bearing on that corner? Perhaps your brake caliper piston on that corner froze or perhaps the caliper pins froze?
        HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

the wheel bearings have been replaced every time new rotors went in. i havent checked if the caliper was frozen or not but i did talk to a mechanic i know and he said it was a possibility. wouldnt i feel it still braking after i let off the brake tho?

Comment

new bearings every time???? jesus.

I don't know either, mine are warped right now also.
            members/ride | the/website
            180 hp/145 ft-lb

Comment

When I had blank rotors they all warped in a month. After I swapped over to the dimpled and slotted they never warped again. I had them for like 2 years with ebc green stuff pads. I have since then moved to a wagon front setup and the fronts are already warping and I just had them turned. I don't understand how it is happening within a month though on your car. Are you really hard on your brakes? If it is none of the parts you have replaced and not the caliper, try using some type of slotted rotor and see if you still have the same problem.
              "This is a jaded bunch. To gain notice, you have to challenge conventional wisdom, test assumptions, and ignore the naysayers."

FS Part out thread koni/skunk2 suspension, jdm pole, HID retrofit, Tanabe exhaust
              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...10#post2119010

Comment

i would check the calipers.

Formerly 91AccordExR33
                11.68 @ 127mph
                417whp/375wtq
                Sold: 8/2016

Comment

didnt somebody say this ongoing problem is because the calipers are providing uneven pressure and wearing things/pads unevenly?

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                  - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                  - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                  - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                  - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                  - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                  - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                  - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                  Current cars:
                  - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                  - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Just FYI (but most likely not your issue since you've had this happen more than once), I've had one NEW rotor come off the shelf warped in all my experience changing brakes on CB7s. I ended up having the rotors turned at the dealer because of this.
                    HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike]
                      didnt somebody say this ongoing problem is because the calipers are providing uneven pressure and wearing things/pads unevenly?
                      yea that was me saying thats what i thought it was at the cape cod meet

thanks for the ideas guys, keep em coming

Comment

look travis you probably got two problems here. First, you need too take it easy for the first few hundred miles (100-300) they need to be broken in correctly to take the heat. Second is your caliper slides are frozen. With this happening the pads wearing unevenly causing a pulsation. It might not even be a warped/bad rotor. There is nothing wrong with your calipers. Good Luck

Comment

Ontop of that did you break them in properly?

Comment

yes ive been breaking them in the way everyone at shops have told me to. what do u guys do when u break them in

Comment

its the same way as breaking in a clutch. dont slam on the rotors all the time.basically drive like a old lady for a few days.

Comment

Working...
                              X