accord with bodydrop?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

accord with bodydrop?

is it poss to bodydrop an accord without bags/juice?

ive seen a couple of accords on layitlow.com that lay stock bumper flat but i want reg. springs/shocks only.

in theory it would be poss to lower the cars ride height an inch or so, and then offset it with a 2 inch bodydrop for the good looks without camber/bottoming out probs.

are you talking about modifying the mount positions of suspension components, and other changes, so the body sits lower without compressing the suspension? being familiar with the design, i cant see that happening too easily...

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
    - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
    - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
    Current cars:
    - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
    - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

i understand how bodydropping works on cars/trucks to lay rocker panel, but only with frames and not on unibodies.
      i have seen it though on layitlow.com with a black wagon, but there server totally sucks and it takes for ever to search.

Comment

you mean like this?

my suspension
        custom dropped spindles starting with a ryane motorsports civic dropped spindle. shortened to put ball joint inside wheel since dropped spindles can only work on a 16 with low pros. custom upper control arms with bag on top. plated framerails
        you don't have to bodydrop it, you just have to cut the shock towers and tube out the front and put baggs on it instead of cans, so you can get the lift.

later.
        Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

i don't know if anyone knows what he is talking bout.....i think your refering to an actual BODY DROP. such as an s10 laying it's passenger and driver side WINDOW on the ground. yes it is possible and not that difficult to body drop our cars. it does take a LONG LONG LONG time to do it though so get a beater car till it's done. u could drag your trunk without too much trouble. u can use springs and struts to do it to, but some modification would have to be made to the tower and other suspension components. i was almost as low as u can go drop wise. i was only .5in off the ground at the lowest point and that was the cat. and that was on just springs and struts. if u need any more info on body drops just ask. i've had experience in 5 body drops. only one of those was an accord ('94 ex). thats if i am understanding u right lol.

o btw type g....thats not a body drop, thats just a bagged accord. body drop includes actually cutting the body and raising floor. very involved process.
          My members ride thread

Comment

Originally posted by accrdpower

o btw type g....thats not a body drop, thats just a bagged accord. body drop includes actually cutting the body and raising floor. very involved process.
            i know what a boddydrop is and what i'm saying is you don't have to boddydrop a honda to get it to lay body.

it's not just a bagged accord, he had to cut out a lot of metal to make it lay out like that. later.
            Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

this is funny. . .

Jay
              Hittin Switches - Draggin XhaustAlways Under Construction

Comment

well yea it is possible to lay the body on the ground without actually bodydropping it but thats not what the kid was asking. he was asking was it possible to bodydrop a car and use regular springs/struts. bodydropping a car is just that body dropping the car. what the kid may mean is....is it possible to drag the stock bumpers on the ground without body dropping the vehicle. dragging stock bumpers would include some fabrication and it would help to use some custom made TRUE shortened struts (250-400each depending on valving and how short u need it).

hey jay78, PM me and i can answer some of your questions. and point you in the right direction on how to go about draggin some bumpers.
                My members ride thread

Comment

ok. let get this all straight. you would not be a very smart persone to "bodydrop" a unibody car. if you do this you will loose a ton of your stiffness of your car. you can do a "unibody-drop" witch is named wrong. a "unibody-drop" is where you basically cut whatever gets in the way to get your car on the ground. anyone that says you can get a accord on the ground without major cutting is lieing to you or they are sporting 13" wheels with 40 sieries tires . if you want a accord to lay on the ground you have to section your knuckles 1.5 inches so they dont go through the hood. and in the rear the easyest thing to do would be to cut it so the upper cotrol arm is inside the wheel. this is the hardest part of getting a unibody car on the ground, its hard because welding cast takes very good welding skills to keep them strong.

if you want to do a bodydrop on a accord the closest thing you can do is rebuild your floor. some say this is the easyest way to get a unibody on the ground, but i dont know if i would listen to them. i have done tons of research on this and do know what im talking about.

and there is no way you would want to "bodydrop" a accord just to ride like stock. just lower it 2" and deal with it, if not keep that shit stock. a "bodydrop" would be way to much work and would in no way be worth your trouble. a shop would charge you about $3k for this. and you really cant have your bumpers that close to the ground without having adjustible suspention cause you would be able to drive on anything that isnt a highway. here are some pics of my car

and this is the lowest you can get without cutting you stock suspention peices. the rear bottoms out cause the rear knuckle hits the upper cotrol arm, and the front knuckle is bottoming out on the body.

and just so you guys know what im talking about i did all the work on my wagon. its a 2 pump prohopper settup.

and for the air ride fans. i did this honda van fo rmy buddy

Comment

that things got some mad lift!

Comment

Originally posted by slammed90ex-r

that things got some mad lift!

thats when that car had hydraulics. it has airbags in the front now and will not lift as high. the way he got that car so low in the front is he used ryane drop spindles. for you young ones, ryane was a compony that was around about 9 years ago and made drop spindles and rear arms for civics. the reaon that made them is you could have a lowered car but keep the stock ride and geometry. ok back to what i was saying, he modded the drop spindles so the upper cotrol arms bolt up to the knuckle inside the wheels(can go lower then a 19 in the front). if you look closer at the pic he has uni lug wheels, he is using civic brakes and such in the front. he did this to avoid sectioning the stock cast knucles. you have to section them about 1.5 inches to lay in the front or your cotrol arn will go through the hood.

i hope you guys are learning from this. i have been lookin at how i need to lay my car out on the ground.

Comment

Now thats just pure sex. Theres just something about it.

All this talk of drops and such makes me want a drop of my own

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                        Originally posted by Jarrett
                        Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

damn i wanna bagged car! LOL

Comment

Working...
                          X