Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

where to locate brake lines after omni install?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

where to locate brake lines after omni install?????

hey guys...well u might or might not know but i installed my omni coilovers a couple weeks ago...and we didnt know where to put the brake lines there cause they usally attach to the old shock but omnis didnt have a place too...so we just let them hang....

im hearing a wierd noise from the front two coilovers like a small banging...when im driving and go over little bumps....im ganna make sure all the bolts and nuts are tightened good but just wondering if the brake lines could be hitting anything...or i dunno just trying to figure something out...

alright guys any help would be great thanks!!

could always ziptie them out of the way... or just let em hang, nothing will happen to them if they are hanging in free space, besides the occasional tap sound from it hitting the shock.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
    - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
    - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
    Current cars:
    - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
    - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

I have mine just hanging, I lost the bolts... well i have agx's but still, thre chilling there.

Comment

cool just wanted to make sure they wouldnt get fucked up....i still gotta check on that noise when im driving...its gotta be from the shocks but dont know what...cool glad to hear i dont have to fuck with the brake lines at all

Comment

i have mine ziptied on one side of the strut fork. i didn't like it just hanging there so this gives me peace of mind that the line isn't banging around especially near rotating objects.

i used the little bracket that is already on the soft line. i placed the ziptie through the hole and strapped it on the fork .
          1cor10:31
          - 92 LX coupe
          - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

what are they like koni yellows?

Comment

i zip tied my brake lines on my omnipower coilovers.

Originally posted by floored
              what are they like koni yellows?
              if they were like koni yellows, you'd be able to use the stock brake line holder, and thus the question wouldn't be needed in the first place.

absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Comment

I also ziptied mine when I installed my D2's. The D2's did come with this strange bracket looking things that are apparently to relocate the brake lights, but they looked to stupid so I 86'd them and used nice bright orange zip ties.
                wat

Comment

Working...
                X