eibach sportlines noticeable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

eibach sportlines noticeable?

alrighty guys the thing is i want to lower my car.... not a lot at all just a little to close in on the wheel well gap. but my dad is frigin psycho about lowering the car making every excuse up in the world why i cant lower it. im gonna keep the stock struts to keep it form lowering to far and use either eibach sportlines or the pro kit. will it be that noticeable to where if he sees the car he will notice it? thanks guys and if theres any members with this setup please post a pic for reference thanks.

yes... this is them on stock shocks:

[img]http://www.****.com/pics/93ex/1.8_drop.jpg[/img]

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
    - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
    - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
    Current cars:
    - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
    - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Yes .. however ... it took my sportline's about a year to settle .. It was'nt very noticeable
      to me .. but to a few friends that had'nt seen my car in a year .. it was very noticeable.
      Sorta like watchin the clock move .. ya know?

Keep in mind tho .. after the drop .. comes a camber kit .. atleast for the fronts ..
      It takes awhile for everything to get used to bein lowered .. so just know that
      there will be a period of *adjustment* for the car's suspension parts ...

You cant do one thing ... without having it affect something else ...

A Hui Hou !!!
      Tomi
      Last edited by PakaloloHonda; 06-23-2006, 04:29 PM.

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

from stock to sportlines will be super noticeable. if you go pro kit you can almost get away with it but it will look lowered either way. i had sportlines on stock struts and it deteriorated quickly of course due to old age of the struts themselves PLUS the additional movement from the lowering.

i had my dad question my lowering the car back in the day too. the consquences are obvious so it really comes down to how you will handle the situation and weighing the pro over the con. lowering the car will result in the need for alignment and camber kit with added ride uncomfortability. you do get better handling and good looks as a pro. weigh it out!
        1cor10:31
        - 92 LX coupe
        - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

im looking at the pro kit now that i think of it.... and im gonna spray them with black spray paint before i put them on and then roll them in the dirt while the paint is still wet before i put them on so they look aged and tell my dad that i guess my struts just blew or something

Comment

anybody on here runnig the Tanabe springs they do a 1.2 drop....which would you recomend? eibach pro kit or tananbe springs (both 1.2 drop)

Comment

Originally posted by 93accordtuner
              im looking at the pro kit now that i think of it.... and im gonna spray them with black spray paint before i put them on and then roll them in the dirt while the paint is still wet before i put them on so they look aged and tell my dad that i guess my struts just blew or something
              If I'm not mistaken .. I think the pro kit is more of a drop then the sport kit?
              So .. if'n ya want .. ya should get the sports .. ?

A Hui Hou !!!
              Tomi

Comment

what about the drop accord warrior has? thats not too noticeable i dont think

Comment

No, no Tomi --- Sportlines will lower the car more than Pro-Kits.

93accordtuner --- Pro-Kit springs are already black, not red or whatever that Sportlines are. Very subtle.

As for the drop, you can tell at the rear even though it won't be too low. Less so at the front. Pro-Kits have a reputation for making the car look "too high" in the front as a result.

I have Pro-Kits and generally agree with this, but for a daily driver that still needs to be able to go over a variety of roads with zero scraping issues I don't really regret it --- it just will never look as cool as a true dropped car. Your call.

Looking at my fronts it doesn't even look like I have negative camber although there must be a tiny amount.

Edit: The other thing that effects the overall drop is the struts you use. Now, you'd think that all compatible struts would have their spring perches at the same location, but they don't. There could be small differences between them. So, when evaluating a particular drop also take into account of whatever struts and shocks are being used.

2nd edit: Also, tires and wheels. Some tire and wheel combos make the fender well gap appear to be bigger or smaller and other tire and wheel combos. Sure, it's just an illusion, but if ya need to trick dear 'ol Dad every bit helps.
                  Last edited by deckeda; 06-23-2006, 09:02 PM.
                  >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Comment

My dad: your car is really low. Like really, really, really low...

Me: That's how these cars are, I dunno....

My mom: *can't open door as it's blocked by curb* YAW WHAT DID YOU DO TO THIS CAH? DID YOU LOWEH IT????

Me: *pulls up to driveway*

Originally posted by lordoja
                    im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

What's funny is that if any of us have sons that pull this shit on us we'll be like, "Bzzzzt! Try again!"

It's the year 2020 ...
                      Former CB7 tuner: "You kids and your diesel GT Type Z SuperSpeedways! Why, son, back in the day my CB7 was ..."

Punk kid: "Your what??"

Former CB7 tuner: "My Accord. Remember those old photos I showed you? Man, I was a star on this one web site with that car, and let me tell you it had ..."

Punk kid: "Didn't Grandmas drive Accords? Those were like Camrys, Tauruses, right?"

Former CB7 tuner: "Why you good-for-nothing, got-no-job, punk-ass ... come OVER here ... Boy I'll smack you into next week" ... (wanders away, muttering)
                      >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Comment

my dad bitched about it. I said its my car and i do whatever i want with it. I did pay for it myself. He didnt say anything after that. it wasnt the drop... more the blown shock ride at the time. haha owell....

I am no longer using this forum name.
                        You can find me as
                        jdm_inspired...
                        I'm starting all over again since I got another CB.

NOC OUT!!!

Comment

I think I'll still have my CB when I have kids, as I still wouldn't have made a decision regarding what to do with it...

And my dad has NEVER been in my car. My mom's been in it though, and other than the loud exhaust (busted flexpipe) and dusty dash she had no complaints...

Originally posted by lordoja
                          im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

ha i found some H&R springs that lower the car .75 front and rear

Comment

Originally posted by deckeda
                              No, no Tomi --- Sportlines will lower the car more than Pro-Kits.
                              Well I'll be damned !!! I learn something new here everyday ..

http://eibach.com/cgi-bin/htmlos.exe...21726100011580
                              Sportline
                              Extreme Performance Meets
                              Extreme Style
                              Race-Car Like Handling
                              Lowers Vehicle 1.7" - 2.3"
                              Progressive Spring Design
                              Excellent Ride Quality
                              Million Mile Warranty

http://eibach.com/cgi-bin/htmlos.exe...48213100011580
                              Pro-Kit
                              High Performance Handling
                              Lower Center of Gravity–Lowers vehicle 1.0"-1.5"
                              Progressive Spring Design
                              Excellent Ride Quality
                              Million Mile Warranty

I stand corrected .. WOW .. I did get a great deal then .. thanks deckeda !!!

A Hui Hou !!!
                              Tomi

Comment

Working...
                              X