Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lowering + siezed

hope this is in the right section.

i went to a performance shop today to see if i could get my car lowerd, i already have the shocks and springs, im all set to go, but they said that the LCA bolt was seized so they wont lower it. so how i get it out, cause i need to lower my car.
    ..[CB7][STAR]..
    MY MEMBERS RIDE THREAD

which bolt? theres multiple control arms, with multiple bolts.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
    - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
    - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
    Current cars:
    - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
    - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

u're gonna have to cut the bolt out and replace the bushing. its a common problem, do some searching and you will see what i am talking about.

Comment

if hes talking about the rear strut mount (which is common) i made a DIY for fixing that: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...+mount+bushing

if hes talking about the front LCAs or the inner bolts, it requires some imagination...

Current cars:

Comment

sorry, i dont know what the bolt is, all he said is that the lower control arm bolt, its the one that when you pop the bolt out the shock and spring will come right out...if that helps?
          ..[CB7][STAR]..
          MY MEMBERS RIDE THREAD

Comment

Originally posted by stewie
            sorry, i dont know what the bolt is, all he said is that the lower control arm bolt, its the one that when you pop the bolt out the shock and spring will come right out...if that helps?
            theres one of those bolts on each wheel... do u know which wheel?

Current cars:

Comment

errr, i think its all of them, he said its common on 16 year old cars.
              ..[CB7][STAR]..
              MY MEMBERS RIDE THREAD

Comment

what a pussy ass shop all you need is some PB Blaster and a big as breaker bar, ask deevergote....i dont know the meaning of siezed

-sean
                Members ride 15.927 @ 86.76 (f22a1)

Hit the clutch Hit the gear Hit the gas and i'm GONE>>>
                Arcadia Green Crew #10

Comment

Yea that is pretty lame...i mean you will obviously pay more for labor and parts but it can be done..pep boys near me wont do a tranny flush for cars over 100k miles...im like wtf are you scared? Maybe im missing something but it shouldnt be too hard and if its done right then there should be no problem...but ill do it myself when i get the chance!

Comment

ok stewie here it is..... u can very very easily lower the car yourself. takes little to no brains/thinknig. just time consumming at first. for first time allow 4 hours for everything from jacking car up to making sure everything is level. so just do it yourself and save hundreds. trust me u can do it with some basic tools and a little time. as to the seixed bolt. the shop is most likely refering to the lower strut bolt. to get the bolt out, cut off the head heat up the bushing with a torch and tap out the bolt. get bushing out as well and replace with new bushing and bolt. do this for each wheel. i think the parts are along the lines of 6-8 bucks for each wheel so it's relatively cheap to replace all 4. make sure u put some antiseize compound on the new bolts before reinstalling. and clean any bolts/nuts u take off and reinstal with some anti-seize compound. once u know what your doing, expect to be able to lower a car in about an hour. depending on how good u r. are u lowering the car with just springs or what?
                    My members ride thread

Comment

i got kyb agx shocks and megan springs, ive never lowered a car in my life. i know id need a spring compressor, dont have one of those, i also dont know anyone in my area who would be able to help me out with it at home either...so if anyone knows anyone in vancouver BC let me know id rather save a couple hundred and do it myself.
                      ..[CB7][STAR]..
                      MY MEMBERS RIDE THREAD

Comment

Its easy what area are you in stewie. If your close enough i can help you and i have all the tools. oh never mind just say that you were in vancuver.. If you are mechanically inclined you should have no problems with do this your looking at a max of 4 bolts per corner.

Comment

im mechanically declined
                          ..[CB7][STAR]..
                          MY MEMBERS RIDE THREAD

Comment

even if your not mechanically inclined it is a simple job. remove a few bolts and put the bolts back in. when i started, i knew near NOTHING about cars and i attempted to lower my car and i got it done within 3 hrs. if u have a chilton manual it will help alot. take it to ta shop to get the new bushings and bolts in and just do the drop yourself. u will save lots of money and learn alot in the process. if u were close i'd be there in a flash to help. give it a try and if worse comes to worse then take it to a shop BUT ask thw shop if u can look in on them and watch. if u can't do it yourself, be interested in how things are done best of luck to ya
                            My members ride thread

Comment

first mechanical thing i did to my cb7 was lower it with a $9 socket set.

Current cars:

Comment

Working...
                              X