Yo, what should I get next???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yo, what should I get next???

OK...I'm redoing my whole suspension basically (custom springs + Koni Reds, camber kit in front)...but I dunno how to proceed. Here are my problems:

-Front springs are kinda soft
    -Front shocks are going
    -Front tires are in need of replacement (yea, already...just replaced them about 6 months ago, I was an idiot though)
    -Front right suspension is weird; much more camber than the left front

I want to get the camber kit, then the tires, then the springs and finish with the shocks. I'm going with 300/200# sleeves...they're a little stiffer than Neuspeed/HR Sports, but nowhere close to the Races...and still somewhat doable on stock shocks. Sears will redo my alignment for free after I get the first one as many times as I need be.

So is that a good order to go with?

Originally posted by lordoja
    im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Hmm, I always thought you got the springs/shocks first. Then you get an alignment, and if the camber is off, then you get a camber kit and another alignment. So I think you should get tires first, then springs/shocks, then the camber kit

Comment

i say collect all of the parts and ride out the current tires you have, get as much use out of them as possible... then when you have everything, throw it all on at once (easier that way) and go for an alignment...

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
      - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
      - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
      Current cars:
      - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
      - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike]
        i say collect all of the parts and ride out the current tires you have, get as much use out of them as possible... then when you have everything, throw it all on at once (easier that way) and go for an alignment...
        That's true...but with the warm weather I don't mind workin on the car too much...and while it's not phenomenal it's not too bad right now, and the tires have some life left in them. Altogether it'll be a cool "g" when it's all said and done...might as well wait and get it all together and do it all at once.

Originally posted by lordoja
        im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Working...
        X