Thinking about lowering about 1 inch...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thinking about lowering about 1 inch...

Hey, I am thinking about lowering my 90 LX, the things is, With the crap roads I gotts drive down, I can only lower about 1 inch. what is the best way (products) to get 1 inch lower.

Thanks!

My song of the week (or till I change it): Snow Patrol - Take Back The City

Tokico has a full kit that goes for ~$300. It's all over Ebay.

If that's too much $$, I think the Eibach Pro-Kits are soft enough to use on stock shocks. I think Neuspeed has a super-mild spring available also.

Originally posted by lordoja
    im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

the eibach pro-kit is 1.2", and honestly, its really doesnt look much lower than stock (probably because it isnt). i have them on stock shocks, and they feel pretty good. havent really had them long enough to notice camber wear, but it shouldnt be that bad with such a mild drop.

roads are pretty bad around me too, i would say keep it 1.5" or less... aka, a pro-kit

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
      - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
      - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
      Current cars:
      - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
      - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

i might have some prokits for sale if my skunkworks coilovers are decent!!!
        91 4DR Accord LX White Auto
        Generic Mugen Lip
        Generic Intake
        EX 4-2-1 Header
        Dynomax Muffler
        Skunk2 Coilovers 560lb/in and Koni Yellows
        ST Rear Sway Bar
        17" Eagle Alloys/Kumho 711's

Comment

Neuspeed's sportline springs are really good. they get rid of that fender well gap and give you good performance without the all out race drop and feel, I just got my KYB AGX shocks but have'nt installed them yet, they should make a big difference because i been ridin on busted stock shocks, but neuspeed's will do you right
          http://members.cardomain.com/jerizzle

Comment

I lived in Scranton PA for awhile and the roads dont get much worse than there.

Comment

im thinking about doin the same thing to lower my car to an inch as well.
              I've looked at KYBs and I hear they're good if you have the money.
              I'm thinking of using that in combination with Eibach Springs, and I think the other main vital part of the car people tend to forget are the sway bars, if you want the car to totally handle to your liking tighten the suspension using sway bars and strut bars makes the car handle corners alot better..this is what I'm gonna accomplish with mine hopefully..I like goin fast alot but personally I prefer handling over performance.
              Henry R
              Koni/Neuspeed
              1992 Accord LX R.I.P
              1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
              Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
              made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

IMO handling, IS part of performance.. but i get what your saying
                92 lx
                automatic
                slow

but its clean!..kinda

Comment

ride comfort shouldn't be a concern even with a large drop if you do it right I have neuspeed race's with tokico illuminas set on 3 and the ride comfort is close if not better than stock, except when I hit big bumps in which it's stiff (which it's supposed to be, i don't think people want a floaty feel). And I live where the roads are just about the most ghetto in the entire state...potholes and dips everywhere.

My members ride thread

Comment

I just drove my car home from the shop in Tampa , these new shocks are pretty nice, The KYB AGX is a nice combo with the neuspeed sportline spring, you wont be slammed and the performance is awesome...hope this helps

Comment

Jerizzle, heh. scranton pa. i live right next door in wilkes-barre. we both know the sotry on our roads, and just to let ya know they havent gotten any better.

i plan on getting eibach pro-kits. and possibly something like gr-2s or agks. not sure which one but ive great things on both.

Michalob's CB7

Comment

Working...
                      X