Strange Rear Wheel Hop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strange Rear Wheel Hop

For right now my car has stock suspension and its been almost 3 years since i've changed my struts. Well recently I have been experiencing alot of bouncing in the rear after going over speed bumps and bumps in the road. Plus the little cracks and faults in the highway cause the rear driver wheel to hop and makes the car sway in the rear to where it seems like the car wants to break loose or something. Can anyone diagnose it?

Im trying to fix this problem before lowering it with kyb's and skunk2's.
    My CB For Sale

sounds like a blown strut james. if you're going to lower it, i guess it doesn't matter. later.
    Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

If I hit bad bumps and I'm on a slight turn the rear end will...shift...not really a hop or jump just a slight movement away from the turn. Deff. a movement though.

oh well haven't touched the shocks...all stock...time for upgrade!
      ____

Comment

Originally posted by TypeG
        sounds like a blown strut james. if you're going to lower it, i guess it doesn't matter. later.
        wow really ? Well I guess its time to get my wish list started . Thanks Brian
        My CB For Sale

Comment

As for the odd cornering, double check tire pressures. I kinda describe it as feeling like 4WS lol. But if you don't have 4WS its scary.
          Opal Metallic Green '92 LX 2dr manual, 181k miles, '94 prelude VTEC wheels for summer (steelies with snow tires for winter), Omni-power struts/springs, and other junk

Comment

Yeah i dont have 4ws.
            My CB For Sale

Comment

i had the same problem when my tires only held 20 psi.
              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Also something to thank about. DX and LX models didn't come with a rear sway bar only EX and SE models did.
                -1991 Honda Accord LX H22a-

Comment

id say more than likely struts. they can get SCARY when really bad... i had a car that was like jumping around over the littlest bumps, i considered the car to be undrivable on normal roads.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                  - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                  - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                  - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                  - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                  - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                  - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                  - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                  Current cars:
                  - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                  - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

I've experienced the same floating motion on high sways. Feels like my rear slides a little at high way speeds over bumps.

Rear shocks are fine, tires were fine, problem is I think is because I have no rear sway bar being a DX.

Comment

yeah its about time to slap those KYB's in lol. and while you're at it, get a sway bar as well.

member's ride thread
                      93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                      99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                      91 Accord SE 176k
                      97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

well I've looked at some tokico gp's, the ones that come with the 1.5" springs all the way round, is that going to be a good buy for my budget or keep looking? Im not big on going too low since my school has a hell of a lot of speed bumps. But as far as sway bars, I need to look into that.
                        Last edited by JTEK24; 03-18-2008, 01:38 AM.
                        My CB For Sale

Comment

Working...
                        X