Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Quick question on H22 exhaust manifold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quick question on H22 exhaust manifold

Hey guys, I just have a quick question about exhaust manifolds for H22 engines..I'm just reading in the Swap FAQ about exhaust manifolds, and this is what I read..

Originally posted by BustedLX
    Exhaust:
    For the H22A the USDM 93-96 Vtec manifold will bolt right up to the CB7 Exhaust. However the JDM H22A down pipe seems to have larger flange that will not bolt up to the CB7 cat. You can either cut and weld a new flange or the easiest route would be just purchase an aftermarket header for the 93-96 Vtec Prelude. Redrilling three new holes in the larger JDM downpipe flange will also make it so it fits.

* When installing an H22A4 (97+ USDM H22A) I have heard that in some cases, the header rubs the front crossmember. You will need to grind down the front crossmember in this case.
    As you can see, Jose mentioned that exhaust manifolds made for 97+ Prelude will cause some rubbing against the front crossmember..

My question is, if I get an aftermarket header that's made for 97+ Prelude, would it also cause the same problem? Or would they clear the front crossmember?

I'm sure someone here can clear me up on this..I just need to clarify, that's all..Thanks in advance

Ronald

|~~~~~~~~~~~~- Project CL1 Euro-R continues -~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|

It might depends on what type. But a 92-96 would be equally as good and easier. What type of header are you looking at? The higher dollar RMF and stuff or just the normal GReddy header if not the cheaper ebay style?

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

i think the exhaust is said to rub because the 97-01 ludes had that wrinkled metal covering welded over the DP runners. if thats the case, mauricio had used an SH downpipe and it worked fine

if youre going aftermarket, arent most listed as all 92-01 application? either way, if youre buying a new exhaust, just get one for a 92-96 lude, it will fit perfectly...

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
      - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
      - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
      Current cars:
      - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
      - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Hey guys thanks so much for the input!

The reason why I'm asking is 'coz someone local is selling a used DC Sports header off a BB6 Lude for a decent price...After reading the swap FAQ, it just got me curious that's all..

But after what Mike said, hmmm...I might not even need to buy a header right away..Maybe I could get away with using the OEM H22A4 header, see if it does fit..Is there a way to remove that wrinkled metal covering?

Ya kno what tho, now that I think about it, I don't even know the condition of the stock header/downpipe right now, since I haven't got a chance to jack up the car and look underneath to check out those things, and the oil pan, and things like that..Who knows what might've happened to it

Now that the finals are over, I will finally have some spare time to do that..As soon as I find the jack points hahaha the Lude is so bent up it's not even funny..

N e wayz, if I do have to go aftermarket, I'll prolly try out the new DC Sports with the 2.5" collector pipe..Has anyone tried that yet?

I'd love to go SMSP, Mugen or RMF..But with that kind of price tag, it'll have to wait..I'd rather spend the money on camshafts hehehe..

Anyways, thanks again for the quick answers guys, I really appreciate it

Ronald

|~~~~~~~~~~~~- Project CL1 Euro-R continues -~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|

Comment

my megan I just put on rubs the front cross member, its for a 92-96 lude.
          OS^e
          1993 Honda Accord LX Coupe

My Members Ride's Thread

StickyDilJoe: "JDM may be a fad, but making your car look like shit... thats forever"

Comment

Originally posted by shawn.hayden
            my megan I just put on rubs the front cross member, its for a 92-96 lude.
            My kamikazee header for a 90-93 accord did the same think, had to notch my front cross-member out some to clear it, otherwise it'd dent the downpipe and make an annoying rattling sound and vibrate the car more. It does have a 2.5" downpipe though.
            HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Working...
            X