Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

p12 ecu question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

p12 ecu question

Hey, I've got a p12 auto ecu from my prelude. Can I put it in my 90 accord DX without problems? I'm kinda worried about the sport function on the tranny because the prelude doesn't have that.

Whats the point if its an auto. The S light doesnt do jack only makes your car shift closer to redline. Personally I see no gain with it. Some people say they feel something on the butt dyno. S light should be a TCU function not an ECU.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

The point is the p12 ecu gives both better mpg and performance.
      With I/H/E on my auto/f22 prelude and 212k miles on the clock, I put down 121whp at the same time several other preludes were down about 30whp on that dyno compared to the dyno we normally use. My prelude also reguarly pulled off 29-32 mpg on the highway. My accord has yet to top 26 on the highway.

Oh, I see, you're telling me the S light doesn't change anything with the ECU. I knew that. I just didn't know if the TCU needed to talk to the ECU for that to work/not throw a code.

Comment

it should work perfectly fine.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
        - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
        - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
        Current cars:
        - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
        - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

it should work perfectly fine
          IN harmony. . .