Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Euro-R intake manifold.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pimpstar thanks for the info. I was either gonna do this or get the type S plenum.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by Rosko
      A little port matching of the injector area is required, and with the use of a hondata gasket it bolts on just fine. (otherwise the top of the flange would need to be clearanced slightly).
      For the euro-r mani I picked up, he already grounded the flange down a lil. So I spose I could just use a stock gasket. . (I really dont feel like waiting for the gasket to get shipped). Tomorrow I'm going to run down to the junkyard and get that IAT, then probably install it cause im so damn impatient.
      Originally posted by deevergote
      ..It's not cheap to build a fast CB7, especially NA. However, if you're willing to put the money into the car, it's well worth it in the end. There ARE faster cars out there, but some people, like me, want THIS particular car to be fast!...
      Sold to:tanNn2koo,9tAkord,ThrakBarts,nahmo,andrizzle,or anger
      Bought from:93a-lude, bruno8747, soysauce

1993 H22A cb7 <3 miss you
      04 WRX stg 2 sedan
      Current - 02 WRX stg 2 wagon

Comment

Originally posted by myk
        For the euro-r mani I picked up, he already grounded the flange down a lil. So I spose I could just use a stock gasket. . (I really dont feel like waiting for the gasket to get shipped). Tomorrow I'm going to run down to the junkyard and get that IAT, then probably install it cause im so damn impatient.
        U gotta learn to be patient when tuning/modifying cars.

Na Lobi Bien Mua Café Mua Café Oyo Na Meli Elingi Ko Bima. J'aime les Madesu ya Mpembe que du Poulet!!!

Comment

Originally posted by seigneur_rayden
          U gotta learn to be patient when tuning/modifying cars.
          hahaha, I know. I'm not half assing anything just doing it half as good as it could be. I spose I could drive out to kingmotorsports and pick up the hondata gasket. Its like 40 mins aways or something like that.

What can I say I gotta a itchy wrench hand?
          ..It's not cheap to build a fast CB7, especially NA. However, if you're willing to put the money into the car, it's well worth it in the end. There ARE faster cars out there, but some people, like me, want THIS particular car to be fast!...

04 WRX stg 2 sedan

Comment

Originally posted by myk
            What can I say I gotta a itchy wrench hand?
            same here i just spent the last 45min installing new sway bar bushings

haha nice one mods
            Last edited by almostJDM; 04-01-2007, 09:10 PM.

PSN ID's:Tidashoni
            1992 Accord EX Coupe
            My FS Thread
            Not so DD 2013 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
            Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Comment

I think I'll go with a stock gasket, sure the temps might be a lil higher, but Im worried about the clearance on the studs. Im tight on cash and spending another 30 some on extended ones plus the 50 for the hondata gasket is a lil steep.

Plus the IM is already trimmed for the stock gasket.

It's not like using the stock gasket is bad, or wrong.

04 WRX stg 2 sedan

Comment

you can get a phenolic gasket on ebay for ~$25 and you dont need extended studs. while theres not loads of extra room, the nut does fully seat... especially if the flange was machined down a bit. mines unmodified and fits a hondata gasket no problem.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                Current cars:
                - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

hmmm, didnt think of ebay gaskets at all.

If you dont need to extend the studs like you said mike, i might just get the hondata. Getting the new studs was my only real issue in getting the hondata gasket.

I would much rather have a hondata gasket then one from ebay, not knocking ebay companies. They might be alright, but hondata is established.

04 WRX stg 2 sedan

Comment

Originally posted by myk
                    hmmm, didnt think of ebay gaskets at all.

If you dont need to extend the studs like you said mike, i might just get the hondata. Getting the new studs was my only real issue in getting the hondata gasket.

I would much rather have a hondata gasket then one from ebay, not knocking ebay companies. They might be alright, but hondata is established.

I have Hondata on mine, and the bolts seat with a few threads left. I know the flanges may be different thicknesses, but I don't think it would be much.
                    The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Man great deal. A few months ago I spent ~ $600 on a Euro-R IM and everything to get it legit. $250 for the IM $120 for the fuel rail spacers, IACV adapter, and egr plate cover, $50 on the Hondata gasket, $30 for the IAT sensor, $20 for the EGR Blockoff plate, and IIRC $150 for my 68MM Throttle Body. Well that puts it closer to $700, plus Hondabond, and a few miscellenous things like sanding discs, a tap, set screws....I had to modify the injector area, and take about 1/16th to an 1/8th off of the lower half of the ports when I gasket matched it, and quite a bit while boring the TB inlet. Not to mention I noticed one of my injectors was damaged.

Like I said GREAT DEAL on the Euro-R!

Member's Ride

Comment

Damn tweeaks I knew it be expensive but damn, I got really lucky! I knew I couldnt refuse this offer even though it ment drivin 2 hours out ( he drove an hour out too) to meet. Well I was in chi-town for HIN anyways . I really had no idea he had everything included.

Another question, Im picking up the gasket and IAT sensor next week (no free time this week ). Should I go ahead and pick up adjustable cam gears?
                        I know cam gears are good for tuning even a stock motor, but with the addition of the IM would it something of importance?

Would I see greater gains with just a mild adjustment in timing with the IM mani? (vs. stock setup)

04 WRX stg 2 sedan

Comment

got the hondata gasket! searched and searched for a iat sensor but couldnt find one . I was looking at the euro-r intake mani that I got and it looks like the ports for the IAT sensor is blocked on it? At least where I think the euro-r IAT sensor is (in the front on top of the runners, near the right side?).

Secondly with all the vacuum lines that you dont need when using the euro-r do you think I could just drop the vacuum box? Emissions and all that isnt important for me. Just leave the small tank under the drivers side fender?

04 WRX stg 2 sedan

Comment

you can drop the vacuum box, but it controls evap, egr, and has the map sensor... if you want to ditch both emissions systems, take the map sensor out and hook it up via a single line to the manifold. i used the MAP sensor that was mounted on the top of my OBD2 throttle body.

the IAT sensor is the same screw-in style as an F22B2 manifold.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                            - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                            - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                            - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                            - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                            - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                            Current cars:
                            - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                            - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

to poor to pick up one of those screw in IAT sensor. Just took one I had, ground it down, threaded it a lil so its snug then put some sealant around it.

Should work, we'll see I nicked it a tiny bit when I was working on it looks like it should work. If it doesnt trip a CEL im assuming its good. .

We'll see tomorrow!

04 WRX stg 2 sedan

Comment

Euro-r installed, all I can say is it dont sound like no 4 banger any more. lol

Im having a problem with the IAVC though, I cleaned it out and it runs fine when the car is started but but if i rev and it goes down to 1k it starts doing the tach dance. There isnt any vacuum leaks that I know of, also im running the coolant bypass. . I'll try using my other IAVC that was working on my old intake mani but is there anything else that could be causing the erratic idle?

04 WRX stg 2 sedan

Comment

Working...
                                X