Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Fuel Pump Info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuel Pump Info

okay, i dropped my Walbro 255 fuel pump in yesterday. my plan was to drive the whip to get dyno tuned, but when i started the car it ran for a few minutes then died out. i know its because its extremely rich for a stock ecu, but even with smaller injectors the car continues to turn over and over. is there any hope of getting the car to start, or should i just tow it to the dyno and work from there. note: i have an p28 ecu that has a base map for 550cc injectors, but i did not put it in for fear of the same problem i ran into today. i have F22B Vtec injectors, F22a4 non-Vtec injectors, 550cc injectors, a stock ecu, the basemapped ecu mentioned before and the fuel pump. if there is a combo that i can put together to get the car from point A to point B, please let me know.
    Last edited by 4doorkiller; 03-05-2007, 09:55 PM.

1. Your going to get flamed for spelling vtec wrong. Please learn to spell it right really not hard.

2. Find another map. What are your mods. 550cc vs 240cc or whatever stock is is a big difference. Find a basemap that is close to what you have.

3. What are your mods anyway.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

good lookin out. fixed the spelling error. feel like an idiot now. okay. all the upcoming was on the stock ecu: i ran the stock fuel pump with 550cc injectors and the car ran rich, but it was driveable. i put the stock injectors back in and upgraded the fuel pump to the walbro 255 and now the engine STAYS flooded.

as far as mods, its SUPPOSED to be a boosted F22B SOHC VTEC, with the injectors and fuel pump. thats IF i ever make it to the hot damned dyno

Comment

stock ecu(p0A), stock injectors.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy
          stock ecu(p0A), stock injectors.
          im guessing go back to the stock fuel pump as well? cuz the stock ecu/stock injector with the upgraded fuel pump idea didnt work either.

Comment

you must have messed up something during the fuel pump install.

it should work with stock injectors/ecu and the walbro pump.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy
              you must have messed up something during the fuel pump install.

it should work with stock injectors/ecu and the walbro pump.
              but it WAS working. the car was running, i even revved it up a few times just to make sure fuel was being circulated. i turned it off, ran a few errands and two hours later, the car started up again, and then died out all together.

Comment

well, i pick up my fuel pressure regulator Friday. i am hoping i can throw my 550s in along with my fuel pump and just lower the fuel pressure. if that doesnt work, then i have a SERIOUS problem. by the way, does anyone know the size of the stock fuel pump for the 90ex sedan?

Comment

the FPR's functionality should make the car work fine with the 255. any extra pressure gets fed right back to the tank... you have a different issue than the pump...

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                  - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                  - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                  - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                  - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                  - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                  - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                  - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                  Current cars:
                  - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                  - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Working...
                  X