Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

F22 build-up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F22 build-up

I want to get a f22 and rebuild it all the way threw. i want to boost it later on after i run it for a bit, what should i buy to get a good foundation. and how much should i pay for everythin. this will be my first 4 cylinder build. i have built v8's before is it the same jus four cylinders less? and do you have to break in the engine parts?
    Cali.Dumps.Harder.

Cost all depends on what your goals are.
    Last edited by That1guyN8; 11-20-2006, 02:05 PM.

Midwest car club

Current rides:
    91 accord lx (5spd)
    92 accord lx (5spd)
    93 accord lx (auto )

Comment

if you not answering the thread....please dont post
      Cali.Dumps.Harder.

Comment

Originally posted by Cb7shot
        if you not answering the thread....please dont post
        Actually he is...What are your goals for your setup you obviously want to boost and there are tons of options. You wanna boost the shit out of it or do you just want to keep it a nice daily boosted car. If you answered his question people would be able to steer you the right way.

The New-ish Ride
        My old Ride
        Hear my Vtak!!!
        MK3 Member #3
        I piss off people for fun.
        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

this belongs in the beginners section.

i bet you anything if you search the first few pages of this FI forum, you will find the answers to most of your questions.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

nobody can give you a number of what your project is going to cost.

thats like coming in and saying "im going to build a house... a nice house, a big house, but not too big, but one that is finished just like i like. how much will that cost?"

figure out your goals, learn how to accomplish those goals, then come up with a budget for what everything costs that you need to get. then you can see if its realistic, then you can adjust your plans as necessary.

asking us what your project will cost is completely arbitrary and useless for you... asking us what we paid for our own projects (ones similar to yours) would help you get an idea, but will still be completely off of what youll end up paying.

and yes, we have 4 less cylinders, but that has nothing to do with shop labor costs or part pricing.

and yes, you have to break in most internal engine parts, depending on what you actually did.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
            - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
            - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
            Current cars:
            - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
            - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

...i wanna have a daily driver thats boosted the only problem is that its a auto...i dont have any intentions on converting it yet.... so is it possible?
              Cali.Dumps.Harder.

Comment

Originally posted by Cb7shot
                ...i wanna have a daily driver thats boosted the only problem is that its a auto...i dont have any intentions on converting it yet.... so is it possible?
                Yes, it's possible*, but the stock tranny wouldn't be able to handle the boost.

I know you would need to upgrade the torque converter and it probably wouldn't hurt to get an oil cooler from B&M.
                Last edited by That1guyN8; 11-20-2006, 11:51 PM.

Midwest car club

Current rides:
                91 accord lx (5spd)
                92 accord lx (5spd)
                93 accord lx (auto )

Comment

so ill get a new tranny possibly and add those parts could i do a h23 swap lik the 5 speeds?
                  Cali.Dumps.Harder.

Comment

Working...
                  X