Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

clutch came in....pic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey that sounds easy. So let me get this straight ... just take your whole car apart pretty much lol...

Comment

na bro ur just lookin at it the wrong way.....what i find easy others might find diffacult. its really only a days work w/o air tools. w/ air tools it can be done in 4 hours.
      Finally Up and Running. Numbers to Follow. Check my MR

Comment

It just seems like there are too many opportunities to screw stuff up. Personally, I'm glad I paid $200 to have it done for me.

Comment

200 is straight. u should more confidence in your mechanical abilitys though....our cars are very simple.

Comment

Yeah, I'm starting to get more comfortable. I'm really good at working on stuff and know enough about cars to change out pretty much any of the stuff. At the time I just didn't feel comfortable working on the internals of anything. I just would like to have a really knowledgable person around to advise me ya know. This summer I'll probably try to adjust my valves by myself so if I can do that I will feel better probably.

Comment

Yeah hes right about the tranny work imma do it myself from nowon and save money.

Comment

I guess I should too. If I get lost I can always rely on my fellow cb7tuner.com members to help me out

Comment

i had never worked on a car before, and i bought my cb7 with the intent of doing all the work to it myself... so yeah, even people without experience can definately do the work themselves. nothing is specifically hard, some things are just alot of work to do.

clutch looks good theone, let us know how it runs once its in.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                  - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                  - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                  - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                  - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                  - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                  - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                  - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                  Current cars:
                  - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                  - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

i am gonna be getting a performance clutch soon, and i think im gonna change it myself. not exactly myself, as i will have knowledgeable friends around, but i wanna be able to say i did it myself.
                    92 lx
                    automatic
                    slow

but its clean!..kinda

Comment

yeah, not only can it save money but it like boosts your pride also.

but like things i neve done before, like the clutch, i rather pay to get it done. because i have a back up car but i cant let my car be down for to long.

i kno how to do things like change a radiator and installing things like bolt ons, but there a few things i dont even try, which are....

seting cam timing.....tried once and bent 2 valves
                      clutch
                      and valve stuff, like setting them.

but ill learn, im starting Lincoln Tech in June, so i cant wait.
                      NEED RAP BEATS.....

www.soundclick.com/akcidentaltrakz

Comment

good luck!!

Comment

thanks man....
                          NEED RAP BEATS.....

www.soundclick.com/akcidentaltrakz

Comment

Originally posted by theone

but like things i neve done before, like the clutch, i rather pay to get it done. because i have a back up car but i cant let my car be down for to long.

i kno how to do things like change a radiator and installing things like bolt ons, but there a few things i dont even try, which are....

clutch

Now that gets me all paranoid because I was wanting to do some work like that. I wanted to try to install my cam gear myself too. I read the directions and it sounded like something I could do though.

Comment

u can do anything if you follow the directions to a T.

Comment

Originally posted by theone

clutch

well call me F**ked then! hahaha...i'm gonna be tapping into my valve train and possibly reseting cam timing cuz I think jacknut mechanic at Honda dealer set it wrong when doing timing belt change...first time ever they messed something up....but I haven't verfied this yet directly...indirectly I'm fairly sure...

if you're physically capable & have the right tools & can follow directions & use common sense...you're straight on anything. never force things that don't seem to be going straight, double check on iffy things, get many opinions...give yourself more than enough time, etc....
                                Last edited by HondaFan81; 04-26-2004, 01:08 AM.
                                HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Working...
                                X