Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Ebay Clutches. Which are good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ebay Clutches. Which are good?

Ok so i've been browsing ebay clutches lately, and I was wondering what's good and whats not.

So far i've found:
    OEM
    Exedy
    XTD
    XTR
    Daikin
    ACT
    F1
    ... and a few others

What's worth getting, whats not, lets hear your guys' experience on the issue.
    The CB7 Timeline

Im running an XTD stage 3 with honda OEM tb and lovin it.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

XTD stage 1 and XTD 12lb flywheel and loving it as well. usually it suggested to get a OEM or a better brand throw out bearing since those tend to take a shit on you. i got a ACT TO bearing and its all good
      The CB9 has been reborn into a CB3
      Members Ride - see my cb3 here - DOHC powah
      Check out my JDM F22B swap
      Watch my CB7 video

Comment

I have the XTD stage three with a fidanza 8lb flywheel. Drives just about the same as stock. Clutch pedal sin't stiff at all and the 8 pounder doesn't even make a noticeable difference matched up with the stage three. Can't go wrong with the XTD

BTW, if you do go with the XTD, make sure you use a Honda T/O bearing.

Comment

doesnt matter what clutch you go with, just go with a honda oem throw out bearing.

out of the ones you listed, ive never heard of XTR or Daikin.

all the others are good and have always heard good things with them.

I have an XTD stage 2 with 12lbs flywheel. its great. i have no issues at all.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

so how about....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/XTD-S...38534188QQrdZ1

i'm thinking of going with that
            The CB7 Timeline

Comment

anybody notice that the XTD's make the pedal feel very soft?

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
              - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
              - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
              - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
              - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
              - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
              - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
              - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
              Current cars:
              - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
              - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Dunno mine felt a lil stiffer than the LUK I was running but it wasnt much. Its dd'able.

The New-ish Ride
                My old Ride
                Hear my Vtak!!!
                MK3 Member #3
                I piss off people for fun.
                IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike]
                  anybody notice that the XTD's make the pedal feel very soft?
                  Slightly, but they are alot more springy if that makes any sense? I persoanlly like the way they feel, soft but not too soft and are alot quicker to come up than the OEM clutch I had on thier before.

92accordexpower, thats the exact same one I got. Can't go wrong with that one, my CB7 is Daily driven to school, work, and anywhere else I have to go ( my one and only car) and the stage three hads held up really well, no problems what so ever. Go for it

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PRELU...8960QQtcZphoto

are XTD flywheels also good?
                    i might get that package.
                    The CB7 Timeline

Comment

you'll have to line it up with your stock flywheel and make timing marks. XTD doesnt put the timing marks on their flywheel, which is totally ***.

but i have that too. its still good

Comment

Exedy = Daikin (parent company)

Daikin makes oem clutches and is the parent company to Exedy, Exedy makes the aftermarket clutches. ACT is good and many people praise it, suppose to be one of the best. I've seen XTD, XTR and F1 on ebay but have no comment on them.

Comment

i have the exedy/daikin oem clutch, 4k and works fine. clutch chatter from improper break-in (driveway is an incline, i couldnt feather the clutch up it)
                          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

I've had my EXEDY (bought from eBay for 105.00) for about 30k now, and it still grabs awesome. No chatter, pedal feel is just like stock. I think that it's just an OE style replacement kit. (pressure plate/throwout bearing/clutch disc/alignment tool)
                            Last edited by maroonaccord2.2; 10-18-2006, 12:46 PM.
                            1992 Accord LX - SOLD

Comment

yea, one thing everyone should really do is breaking the clutch in. do it properly, read around for instructions on how to break it in or call the manufacturer.

I didnt break mine in, i ripped on it the first 2 miles of its use. it kinda sucks when going up hill. but clutch chatter is no THAT much of a big deal, atleast not for me.

Comment

Working...
                              X