Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Getting my exhaust done this weekend, what else will I need

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting my exhaust done this weekend, what else will I need

I think I have all my parts to re do my exhaust. 2 weeks ago I hit a piece of metal on the LIE and my muffler came apart. So far I bought an
    ebay header

new 02 sensor (Borg Warner plug in unit)

new cat

Muffler

Resonator I'll take care of at the muffler shop since they have some. I'll get the biggest one possible put on. I'm planning to get 2.25" piping.

Is there anything else I should be concerned about or missing?

where and how much did you pick up that header from? im in the market for one

Comment

Originally posted by T3aM 83rD
      He said ebay.

Looks like a nice setup man, good luck with it I don't think you're missing anything.
      Originally posted by deevergote
      I'd eat a baby for free. I'm hungry, dammit!

Comment

besides the fact that everything is welded together, i dont see anything wrong or missing. good luck with the install, i hope you like it.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
        - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
        - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
        Current cars:
        - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
        - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Thanks alot guys. I want to make sure I'm not missing anything.

Originally posted by T3aM 83rD
          This is my actual auction CLICK
          Its a cheap header but I needed it since that good old piece of metal dented mine up before tearing the muffler. I'm not really looking for gains, Its probably the same as my A4 but it'll look better

...... before it browns up...

I wasnt really looking to go crazy. The muffler was only $30 (plus it looks pretty nice, like a SP2 or WS2 knock off), the cat was $45 shipped, the 02 was $20 and the header was $62 I think. Plus whatever they're goign to charge to install everything and make the pipes which shouldnt be over $300.

I just got my spare cam and I'm getting ready to send it out to get it reground (260) by Delta. Tomorrow my H23 intake manifold is coming in. All I need is a SRI and I'll be set.
          Last edited by ant96gle; 08-17-2006, 02:11 PM.

Comment

what size piping are you going to have them bend up for ya?

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
            - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
            - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
            Current cars:
            - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
            - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike]
              what size piping are you going to have them bend up for ya?
              2.25" Same size as the cat I bought.

Comment

2.25 sounds good to me......where are you going to get it done?.......best bet.....shea stadium........

Comment

Originally posted by 2.2AZUL
                  2.25 sounds good to me......where are you going to get it done?.......best bet.....shea stadium........
                  You got it... I've got a guy that I've been going to for a long time, I've done 2 of my previous cars with him...

Comment

I only mess with shah and shah only noone else. Everyone else is garbage to me I get discounts from him go alone and hell charge you out the ass.

Comment

^
                      ^......your always busy....thats "I" in my case haven't go to fix my pipe

Comment

Mounted it all today. I'm very pleased with it. I think I am going another route with the muffler though. Even with a resonator its still too loud for my taste.

What mufflers are quiet but still are a performance muffler? Something like lets say a Dynomax Turbo series etc.

Comment

Originally posted by h22sparkle
                          I only mess with shah and shah only noone else. Everyone else is garbage to me I get discounts from him go alone and hell charge you out the ass.
                          "He gave me good price"...did my piping+muffler+resonater from the header back for $240...

And I'm in the market for a quieter muffler as well, a straight pipe= killer

Originally posted by lordoja
                          im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy
                            "He gave me good price"...did my piping+muffler+resonater from the header back for $240...

And I'm in the market for a quieter muffler as well, a straight pipe= killer
                            I got my header, cat, 02 sensor, piping done, resonator he included for $220. I was told a Dynomax Superturbo is pretty quiet and still straight through... I just saw one on ebay for $35...

Comment

Originally posted by ant96gle
                              Mounted it all today. I'm very pleased with it. I think I am going another route with the muffler though. Even with a resonator its still too loud for my taste.

What mufflers are quiet but still are a performance muffler? Something like lets say a Dynomax Turbo series etc.
                              RS-R exmag.

Comment

Working...
                              X