Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

H22 questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H22 questions

OK, so im lookin at a auto H22 swap and the kit is 1700 bucks for the tranny, ecu and engine.Gots two questions: what else do i need to complete the swap and will the auto shift just like a H22 auto, and not where the stcok f22 auto shifts. Anythings else that might help would be great. thanks guys

Well assuming that you're getting the H22 engine,tranny, and ecu then yes it will.

Comment

You need a H22 TCU. ECU alone won't do the trick.

Comment

Yea, i saw that. This might be dumb, but is that the Trans Control Unit, just to make sure.

Comment

Originally posted by vmchurch
          Yea, i saw that. This might be dumb, but is that the Trans Control Unit, just to make sure.
          yep

Comment

Cool, so the next question is obviosly how much and where do i get it?

Comment

Good Luck finding one. They're like $600 from the dealer, and I've found it hard to find em on ebay or even a junk yard around my way.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm....... DOHC

Comment

Ever thought of doin a manual swap?

Comment

Naw, i tried stick for a couple years in a mr2 and never learned to drive and eat at the same time, so i figured food is more important

Comment

Naw, i tried stick for a couple years in a mr2 and never learned to drive and eat at the same time, so i figured food is more important
                    Oh well. At least you're less likely to kill someone in an Accord

Comment

Nice another dummy on the road! Possibly in an H22 CB7 as well, oh boy! How about you just give me the money so I can do the swap for myself, and you can enjoy your burgers?

Originally posted by lordoja
                      im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy
                        Nice another dummy on the road! Possibly in an H22 CB7 as well, oh boy! How about you just give me the money so I can do the swap for myself, and you can enjoy your burgers?
                        just because he prefers an auto over a manual, doesnt mean hes a dummy. true, i enjoy manuals, i like the extra control... but he says he tried it, and he likes it automatic. doesnt mean he doesnt qualify for an h22 swap.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                        - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                        - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                        - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                        - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                        - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                        Current cars:
                        - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                        - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Originally posted by cpmike
                          just because he prefers an auto over a manual, doesnt mean hes a dummy. true, i enjoy manuals, i like the extra control... but he says he tried it, and he likes it automatic. doesnt mean he doesnt qualify for an h22 swap.
                          Nothin wrong w/likin automatics, I think they're better in some situations...but eating+driving is not cool, and he seems to be very into it. Plus if he's doing all that while he's driving why bother getting an H22? Why not get a retracting lunch tray instead?

im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

i can understand bustin his balls a lil bit but that shit was harsh.......
                            Finally Up and Running. Numbers to Follow. Check my MR

Comment

Originally posted by mayberry4thgen
                              i can understand bustin his balls a lil bit but that shit was harsh.......
                              Meh I'm a bitter man with an almost stock Honda...but yeah I dunno anything about the H22 tranny TCU's...you ever think about gettin the SH sport shift tranny? That would be an interesting swap...

Comment

Working...
                              X