Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

OBX/MR header worth it on a 93 EX?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OBX/MR header worth it on a 93 EX?

Or can I just tell my exhaust dude to give me 2.5" piping to replace the collector and catback?

Originally posted by lordoja
    im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

a properly shaped, flanged, bracketed header from ebay might be worth it... itll always be easily removable, you can sell it later, etc etc... id say get the ebay header, then do custom 2.25"-2.5" at the shop the rest of the way back...

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
    - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
    - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
    Current cars:
    - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
    - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike]
      a properly shaped, flanged, bracketed header from ebay might be worth it... itll always be easily removable, you can sell it later, etc etc... id say get the ebay header, then do custom 2.25"-2.5" at the shop the rest of the way back...
      But I'd be so pissed if I spent $170 and got no gains...it's a big hassle for potentially not getting anything. My car felt quicker when I had a ruptured flexpipe, so I think the exhaust might do more than a header...

im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

I helped my friend install a Megan header on his gf's 90 EX. He claims that he felt gains. This was the ceramic header...before they went to all stainless.

Comment

If your flexpipe was fucked up you wouldnt be quicker...at all. The exhaust gas would spew out of it, not forcing it out the actual exhaust...thus making it hesitant and would stutter if you got on it. You do know you could just buy a flexpipe right?
          Under Construction

Coupes weren't mean to be sleepers

H22power.com

Comment

Originally posted by Liljord05
            If your flexpipe was fucked up you wouldnt be quicker...at all. The exhaust gas would spew out of it, not forcing it out the actual exhaust...thus making it hesitant and would stutter if you got on it. You do know you could just buy a flexpipe right?
            All the scavenging takes place in the header. Everything from the collector back (hell, the collector itself) is a restriction on an exhaust. If what you were saying were true, domestic dudes would have no reason to turn their headers, and no race cars would have side-firing exhausts. I had my system in when my flexpipe was toast, and I've since fixed my flexpipe and removed my 100# system...I'd say the car is as quick now as it was with the messed up flexpipe.

Someone did report a 10HP gain on an H23 with an MR header though, and those come with tubular headers stock...but I get the feeling it's all in the collector. I'm undecided (as usual).

Comment

I got my megan header off ebay for real cheap, it was kinda a pain in the ass to install cause the bottom part was all rusted to shit, I say if you can get a good price and dont mind installing it, then go for it. Also, make sure your stock cat flange hasnt been molested in the past so it will fit nicely. It will make your car quite a bit louder. My megan header is holding up well, however it has discoloured and is not so shiny anymore.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/T-304-Stainless-S...ayphotohosting

I bought of that guy, he either send t-pros or megan depending on what he has in stock.

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
              "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
              "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

Custom exhaust plus a header will get you gains.
                Do it.
                Why not?

You'll enjoy more spirited driving after - I/H/E.

1990 Accord Lx F22a1(Daily) SOLD - will be missed
                1990 Prelude Si B21a1 (Fun car!)

Comment

i think it is worth it.....a header is prob one of the better mods to do. even with the a4 that i have, i got the dc sports header done with high flow cat and 2.25in piping and u could tell that the exhaust system was holding my car back. go for it. even if u only get 5hp from the header. some get more some get less. i mean common it gonna get u better gaisn than a SR or groudn wire kit or even some basic ignition mods.
                  My members ride thread

Comment

Put that money towards a swap and look away .

Comment

So I called Megan Racing today and they told me their collector is 2.25". I was gonna cut mine off and get SMSP to make one with a new flex pipe and their 200 cell cat for me. But I'm not gonna get a 2.5" collector. My cat-back is 2.25". So should I leave it alone? You think a collector from SMSP or Burns, even the same size, will make a difference?
                      Metal Metal and more Metal!!!

How much does your wheel/tire combo weigh? Post here!
                      -=Suicide Crew Member #1 (only member so far)=-
                      MY RIDE

"I was hoping the Wolverine would finger one of those Japanese girls and then extend a claw into her b hole just for fun, BUT that never happened and I was extremely unsatisfied with the movie because of it." -Macaqueistrong

Comment

Originally posted by uslspct
                        So I called Megan Racing today and they told me their collector is 2.25". I was gonna cut mine off and get SMSP to make one with a new flex pipe and their 200 cell cat for me. But I'm not gonna get a 2.5" collector. My cat-back is 2.25". So should I leave it alone? You think a collector from SMSP or Burns, even the same size, will make a difference?
                        Definitely. I'd go with 2.5 straight through though. I mean if you're gonna open the collector up to 2.5 why not the whole exhaust?

Comment

dude theres been headers goign on ebay for like 40 starting bid plus 40 shipping. Just look out on ebay. there cheap as hell. Ill try and get u a link

Comment

They're not true Megan though.

Why would you run a 2.5" exhaust on a non-vtec motor...it seems like a waste as far as being too big. Sometimes I think my 60 mm is too much for my motor, at least in the low end.

Comment

Play your cards, youll pick one up for 100. It wont rust, but it will tarnish.

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
                              "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
                              "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

Working...
                              X