Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Just bought an exhaust cut-out and high flow cat....how much labor to install?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just bought an exhaust cut-out and high flow cat....how much labor to install?

I recently found out that my Mugen header won't bolt up to my stock accord cat so I bought an exhaust cutout and a Carsound high flow cat. I'm going to run the cut-out from the header and then the cat attached to the cat. Any idea on how much labor I'm looking at to have a flange welded to the the cutout and then weld the cutout to the cat?
    Former Ride:
    93 Accord Coupe
    Jdm H22 w/ LSD
    Type S pistons and cams

New Ride:
    Bone stock 99 2.3CL
    Black on Black Leather
    5spd

"Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn."
    C. S. Lewis

how about you call one of the shops that you might bring it to, and ask them this same question?

labor rates and prices are completely different in different areas.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
    - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
    - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
    Current cars:
    - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
    - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

okay sorry...just wanted to get a general idea...I'll just call the shop today.
      Former Ride:
      93 Accord Coupe
      Jdm H22 w/ LSD
      Type S pistons and cams

New Ride:
      Bone stock 99 2.3CL
      Black on Black Leather
      5spd

C. S. Lewis

Comment

Iv'e got no clue what your asking, sry

Comment

probably like 1 thousand dollars
          H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

okay guys, I took my header to an exhaust shop that's right across the street from my house and they said that it would be $260 to weld a new flex pipe on and make a flange for the cutout. A lot more than I'm willing to spend on it. I'm going to see if another shop could do it for me for uber cheap. If worse comes to worst, I'll just try to use clamps for everything.
            Former Ride:
            93 Accord Coupe
            Jdm H22 w/ LSD
            Type S pistons and cams

New Ride:
            Bone stock 99 2.3CL
            Black on Black Leather
            5spd

C. S. Lewis

Comment

I would expect to pay between $30 and $60 dollars.. being the tight ass I am I'd find someone to do it for $25. This is assuming your bring the cutout. Most muffler shops are going to want to weld it inline vs flanging everything.
              ~ Viva la Roofnips ~
              2006 Evolution MR 13.008 @ 106.7
              2006 WRX Sti (still breaking it in)
              1990 Honda Accord LX-T 15.6 @ 93

Comment

I'd think definitely less than $50 if you bring everything.
                H.S.A.E.

90 CRX Si - gutted, caged, Bisi F2d kit, close ratio LSD trans, F22A6 - under construction

99 civic LX - y8 head and trans, lowered, blowing cold AC, and getting 35mpg.

Comment

okay, I think I have it figured out. I'm going to buy a universal flex pipe off of ebay and cut mine off and weld the new one on. I'll have the cutout and the in side of the cat tappered (sp?) out so the cut out will fit over the flex pipe and the cat will fit over the cut out.

So the order will be: flex pipe fitting into the cutout that fits into the cat so that there are no lips on the inside of the piping.

I'm so cheap... or maybe I'm too smart to pay full price for something that I don't have to.
                  Former Ride:
                  93 Accord Coupe
                  Jdm H22 w/ LSD
                  Type S pistons and cams

New Ride:
                  Bone stock 99 2.3CL
                  Black on Black Leather
                  5spd

C. S. Lewis

Comment

Working...
                  X