Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

back to oem exhaust...am I crazy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

back to oem exhaust...am I crazy?

Lately, Ive wanted to go back to stock oem catback for the reason of noise, usually when driving and on the highway its kinda loud. when I got my magnaflow catback it was fine, then I got my Header and Cat and it got pretty loud, I mean its awesome when im in the mood and shifting pretty high, but sometimes it just annoys me. I would have switched to oem but the only thing that bugs me is putting on aluminized crap and the resctrictive/crush bent piping.

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
    "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
    "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Get a resonator.

Originally posted by lordoja
    im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

There is one built into the catback before the muffler.

Comment

dude, i HATE aftermarket exhausts. I hate the noise, and looks of most. With my 14b, I run oem exhaust, screw it, I'll sacrifice the 5hp just so I am pleased
        Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

Originally posted by 92ex
          dude, i HATE aftermarket exhausts. I hate the noise, and looks of most. With my 14b, I run oem exhaust, screw it, I'll sacrifice the 5hp just so I am pleased
          good for you.

reason i want one...convert everything back to stock when i sell it.
          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

im switch back to OEM with bigger pipe on stock moffler sound cool tho....btw how loud does it sound with out muffler..just pipe and its that legal?

MY 1n2 CB7

Comment

RS*R and Apex'i are both very UNannoying. They aren't loud at all, even with a full exhaust.

Also a couple other options to consider, to keep performance and lose noise.

The stock Prelude VTEC muffler looks exactly like the OEM one, but is slightly higher flowing. I don't know off hand what the piping diameter into the muffler was, but I would guess about 2 1/4." It might be restrictive for a 200HP H22, but probably not for a 125-140HP F22.

You could also consider an 05 and up RSX Type-S muffler. They are 2.5" through and through and are pretty subtle appearance wise (they look almost exactly like an RS*R). They are pricey though. Pre-2005 RSX Type S mufflers are either 2" or 2 1/4", but they are much cheaper.
              The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

^something to consider, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Accordlx
                  im switch back to OEM with bigger pipe on stock moffler sound cool tho....btw how loud does it sound with out muffler..just pipe and its that legal?
                  you're from the east bay...are you fucking joking me?
                  I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

take out the bullshit cat and get a longer resonator and throw a silencer on there while your at it/.

Comment

really??

mines quite on the highway...

dc header, magnaflow high flow cat, apex dunk...

only raspy when i push it......
                      welcome to the DOHC-side..muuuahahahahahah

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=1906

Comment

Put the OEM back on.

What are you going to lose? all of 3hp? lol...people love to exaggerate about how much power they got from a cat-back exhaust when all in reality, it's how much "noise" they got....

1990 Accord Lx F22a1(Daily) SOLD - will be missed
                        1990 Prelude Si B21a1 (Fun car!)

Comment

one of the cars i drove for a while had a magnaflow high flow cat and catback with a stock header/dp... think was the the most annoying thing i have ever experienced... thats why i always kept a .stock exhaust on my car.

though, the apexi world sport is really quiet, thats the only aftermarket exhaust that i would use instead of stock...

owequitit - sure the prelude can looks stock but flows better, but have you ever noticed that the can is about as tall as it is wide? its freaking huge, it goes up behind the bumper... have you actually tried putting one on a cb7, because when i was lining them up to compare, it didnt look like it was ever going to fit...

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                          - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                          - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                          - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                          - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                          - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                          - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                          - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                          Current cars:
                          - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                          - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Yes I have seen them. I haven't tried to make one fit, because I didn't have the need. I am sure based on eye measurement it could be made to work though. My RSR is also much bigger than the stock canister was, and there is still quite a bit more room if you package it right.

The Apex'i WS is a nice exhaust, although, most people who have heard both, have told me they like the RS*R better. I don't think you would really go wrong either way. Apex'i also has an advantage in that they also sell just mufflers, so you could have one put on piping of your choice.
                            Last edited by owequitit; 04-12-2006, 03:25 PM.
                            The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Hi.
                              I have the apexi World sport 2 and I love it to peices. Im lowered on neuspeed race and it's nice. But I want my care slammed and since the WS sits soo damn low ill kill the midpipe..... Im thinking of putting it on for a month or 2 and slamming my ride. Literally.

But I need to find a EX exhaust first. =)

Comment

Working...
                              X