Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Factory Bin Files Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Factory Bin Files Needed

Hey everyone.

For those of you with factory PT2/3/4/5/6, P11/12/13/14, P0A/B/C, or P39 ECU's laying around and the ability to dump the factory ROM, Please do it and send it to me or post it up here.

High-res. pictures would also be a great help.

For now, there is not much known about using Accord ECU's to chip and tune. It can be done but all the kinks havn't been worked out yet. I'm trying to help change this and need your help. If you can help me out, you're helping the whole Accord tuning community out

In the near future, we will be using our own factory Accord ECU's to modify and tune. No more buying P28/P30/P72/etc when we can just use what's already in the car.

My Accord History:
    91 EX 2dr : 91 EX 2dr : 91 LX 4dr : 93 EX 2dr : 86 LXi 2dr : 92 LX 4dr : 92 EX 4dr

-Patrick

PGMFI

I know, I've saved pretty much all of them that I can find.

Most of the people on PGMFI know to dump the factory bin and scan ECU's and whatnot but others on this forum and other forums don't know what a big help it is so I'm trying to get people to help out that wouldn't normally know what to do.

Besides there are a few incomplete and corupt bins floating around too.

The pics help a lot too and there's no special equipment needed so anyone can snag a few high-res pics of their ECU.

My Accord History:
    91 EX 2dr : 91 EX 2dr : 91 LX 4dr : 93 EX 2dr : 86 LXi 2dr : 92 LX 4dr : 92 EX 4dr

-Patrick

Comment

what type of rom chip do the pt# and p1# ECUs use?

also, are the willem chip burners write only, or do they also read?

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
      - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
      - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
      Current cars:
      - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
      - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

they read also

Pat, your a stronger man than I lol. I'll take a pic of the pt3 tomorrow.
        Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

Originally posted by midnite racer x
          they read also

Pat, your a stronger man than I lol. I'll take a pic of the pt3 tomorrow.

You mean you're not jealous? I thought everyone wanted spend their evenings and weekends analyzing endless amounts of Hex code and comparing it to the Civ/Teg code to try to help solve the Acc/Lude ECU tuning issue?

I'd rather buy a shitload of PTx's or P0x's for $10-25 each and mod them instead of spending damn near $100 on virgin P28's nowadays.

We can already chip them, do auto/manual conversions on them and other things so it's only a matter of time before the code is understood.

From what I understand The Accord code and Prelude code is VERY similar. Fuel tables and ignition tables start in the same place and take up the same amount of space, and other things.

For example, I *think* I found the VTEC engagement/disengagement RPM in the P0A code. I'm gonna be pulling the P0A out sometime this week and chipping it. Dump the factory bin and compare it to the P0A code I've been studying. If they match then I'm gonna mess with the hex and see if I can change VTEC. If that's successful then I'll start tinkering with the fuel/ignition curves. I will keep this thread updated.

BTW, anything I find out will also be posted on the PGMFI forum and in the wiki

My Accord History:

-Patrick

Comment

Another thing to consider is even if you do start to make progress and are able to edit....we'd still be lightyears behind the civics/integras programs. But this is a start.
            Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

lol it's the truth!

But I'm not doing all this alone! There's some good guys on PGMFI like Kabuki and carotman that are doing wonders in the Accord ECU department.

Look at what is known about the P13 code:
              http://www.pgmfi.org/twiki/bin/view/Library/P13

BTW, I'm chipping the P0A now. I don't have any de-soldering braid and it has really sucked for the past 2 HOURS AND WILL PROBABLY CONTINUE TO SUCK FOR AT LEAST ANOTHER HOUR! Even my first modded ECU got done a lot quicker

My Accord History:

-Patrick

Comment

Originally posted by ACCLUDE91

lol it's the truth!

But I'm not doing all this alone! There's some good guys on PGMFI like Kabuki and carotman that are doing wonders in the Accord ECU department.

Look at what is known about the P13 code:
                http://www.pgmfi.org/twiki/bin/view/Library/P13

BTW, I'm chipping the P0A now. I don't have any de-soldering braid and it has really sucked for the past 2 HOURS AND WILL PROBABLY CONTINUE TO SUCK FOR AT LEAST ANOTHER HOUR! Even my first modded ECU got done a lot quicker
                That stuff has been known for a while. we still cant read/write the fuel and ignition tables, so its pretty much useless.

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

Zigen, Acclude, MRX--?

Please Cc me anything F22 basemapish, I've got nothing...

The closest on PGMFI i found was F22b turbo or I was thinking about using the H23 basemap on a P06 and just swap out my F22 injectors for H23s... hmmm I am so close to tuning but got ripped off ebay style on a P06 and its holding up the whole project! arg.. I am so close to just buying local and chippping it this weekend... all i needs a base!

hold on to your butts

Comment

Originally posted by Accord R33
                    That stuff has been known for a while. we still cant read/write the fuel and ignition tables, so its pretty much useless.

For now sure. That's why I'm trying to do what I can to help figure it out. There is 1 member on PGMFI that is selling shipped P13's on ebay w/custom maps. No one has purchased one and burned the chip to see if there are any changes to the fuel/ign but he claims that he has changed them and sells them all the time. Sucks he's not releasing all the info and it may be untouched (which is why he won't release info). All I'm saying is that there is progress being made. I've heard a few people messing with Crome and having some success with basics. Common and practical...not right now. Possible....Definitely!

My Accord History:

-Patrick

Comment

Chipping them yes

Tuning them no

Some basic options can be modified but there is no support for FULL editing and RTP at least as far as I have seen so far.

My Accord History:

-Patrick

Comment

Plus keep in mind that I mainly want to be able to accurately modify the PT3/6 and P0A and other "bastard" ECU's.

My Accord History:

-Patrick

Comment

Originally posted by ZigenBallZ
                          not so much the P0x series because bleh... who cares in a 4thGen world...

I DO!!! lol F22B1 swapped

My Accord History:

-Patrick

Comment

Ok, to fill you guys in a little here's what I've been up to.

Modded the P0A.

ZIF
                            new 74HC373
                            Datalogging header w/4-wire cable (so I can mess with half/full duplex later)

A little tip for those of you wanting to mod ECU's. DO NOT TRY TO REMOVE THE ROM WITHOUT DESOLDEING BRAID!!! I almost fucked the board up beyond repair. Those 2 wires are a fix for 2 broken traces. They didn't get desoldered all the way and got yanked out of place when the old ROM came out. It was fixable but I will ALWAYS use desoldering braid from now on.

I burned the factory ROM and it is the same as the ones I've been studying. Here's an example of the tuning issues with the Accord/Prelude ECU's. The tables are not in the same locations as the Civ/Teg ROM's so Uberdata displays a bunch of crap. Here's the low cam fuel

and low cam ignition

Crome gets VERY confused and doesn't even want to open the file.

That just means that it's not going to be "plug-n-play" tuning like it is using bins that uber/crome understand. Gotta do it manually for now.

When viewing it with a Hex editor, it displays the info fine. The only thing that's a little concerning is the blank space from 5140 to 5601 and a few other locations but I've viewed several P0A bins and it's the same on all of them so no big deal.

The kickass program Nico-lyze (right-click, save as) is a big help in finding the tables but I could use a little help figuring out which is which. Starting at around 63FD appears to be most of the tables that need to be modified.

So with the tables found I just need to to know how to modify them appropriately. Other than that I'm still searching for VTEC info, IACV info, datalogging enable, FTL, and a few other features.

Here's a copy of the P0A-A01 bin I dumped from the factory ROM if anyone cares to help with this:
                            http://www.homemadeboostcontroller.c...U/F22B1bin.BIN (right-click, save as)

I will keep this thread updated and I'm gonna go spend some time on PGMFI updating there too.
                            Last edited by ACCLUDE91; 03-31-2006, 01:38 PM.

My Accord History:

-Patrick

Comment

send me the Hex address for the start and end bytes (0x0000) Format for each of the tables. I will tweak the nissan editor im writing to at least be able to display the maps properly.

note: This program still has months of development left..its in its very begining stages right now. it can open, edit, and save the nissan rom fuel and ignition tables. i havnt added any extras yet.

Edit..just realized you dont really have that info yet?
                              Last edited by Accord R33; 03-31-2006, 02:19 PM.

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

Working...
                              X