Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Bypassing the EGR?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bypassing the EGR?

HOW DO I BYPASS THE EGR
    Does anyone know how to trick the ecm into thinking the egr valve is there when it realy isn't?

Egr block off plate and Chipped ECU.

Comment

Originally posted by bruno8747
      Egr block off plate and Chipped ECU.
      I'm wondering, whats the reason for doing this?
      always out numbered never out gunned..

Comment

Yeah, there's got to be a more cost effective way to trick the computer, i was hoping someone might have built an electronic rising rate that sends optimum egr signals back to the ecm. Similar to obd2 secondary Oxy2 emulators.

The point is... the the EGR system by nature recirculates exhaust gases back into the intake in order to help burn up some unburnt fuel to help the environment.

Honda's system grabs exhaust gas from the exhaust port of cyl-4 and recirculates it inside the cyl head and into the manifold. The distribution is not equal and is compounded by the manifold's egr ports commonly cloging up. All contributing to a lean mixture on cyl's 2 and 3. The exhaust gases passing through the intake manifold raises intake air temps at idle by 30 to 60 deg F, depending on ambient air temps. This equates to 5 to 10 percent hp & torque loss at idle. Not a significant problem when cruising on the highway and in keeping with daily average driving, but a very significant problem when drag racing and auto-crossing.
        P.S. sorry about the spelling, "hooked on foniks never worked for me"

Comment

oh. but a 5-10% loss isn't that bad. now I know like you said when it comes to drag and such it becomes a problem. but isn't there an easier way to bypass the egr as he was saying?
          always out numbered never out gunned..

Comment

Originally posted by F22A6X
            oh. but a 5-10% loss isn't that bad. now I know like you said when it comes to drag and such it becomes a problem. but isn't there an easier way to bypass the egr as he was saying?
            i did it on my last accord. and Granite CB7 just did it recently. he made a custom block off plate. pm him for details...

Comment

i jus cut the egr valve itself in half and filled the holes up with weld.. hahaha... ghetto as hell, but u bet your ass it'll hold up lol.....

Comment

Originally posted by ChroNicBoosT
                i jus cut the egr valve itself in half and filled the holes up with weld.. hahaha... ghetto as hell, but u bet your ass it'll hold up lol.....
                great idea cutting and welding the valve, thanks.
                I'm a bit stripped for cash, thats why i was wondering about an egr emulator. Also, its difficult to find a quality chip, most are butcher jobs with shitty drivability. I do have a P72 i'm willing to trade or get programed with stock h23 maps and deleted egr and speed limiter. Anyone know a reliable source that can do this? My setup is relativly stock 93 accord with dohc f22b & h22 5spd, exhaust and intake and blueprinted and balanced h22 obd1 injectors.
                Thanks again.

Comment

Man, nice setup, F22B w/ H22 trans

Well, I still have my EGR valve in my engine bay only it's way down by the rear crossmember and not on the IM. Made a brass EGR block plate and sealed it w/ RTV. Simply to wire and hung the valve around a hose by rear crossmember.

Since you're trying to rid of the valve completely (I think) a p28 out of a 92-95 Civic EX w/ SOHC VTEC doesn't look for EGR, so a chipped p28 would do the trick!

Here's a pic of mine and sorry if I just repeated what you already knew!

Comment

Thanks for the compliment, its a realy fun setup. Already pissed off a few meat-head ford 5.0's and 4.6's in my area. I came up with the same solution after i posted the last message. I can't wait till the weekend to try it out! Mainly i just want to ride the code from the ecm.

Comment

Yeah, let us know how it all turns out. Normal acceleration should be alot smoother w/ it blocked esp. if your ports are clogged. Mine were and that's the whole reason I blocked it.

Dan

Comment

i dremeled out a plate from a piece of metal the same shape/size as the flange of the EGR valve... removed the valve, dropped the plate on, and reinstalled the valve to hold it down. keep it plugged in, ECU thinks its working and doing its job, just the plate is there to block gasses from actually moving. no CEL... its the best way to do it if youre "strapped for cash" like you said instead of spending money on an egr sensor emulator... this way is free! i cut up an old computer CDrom lol

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                        - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                        - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                        - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                        - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                        - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                        Current cars:
                        - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                        - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

check this out:
                          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=plate

sexy!

he also did the air boost plate:

1cor10:31
                          - 92 LX coupe
                          - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

^ dang i want to do taht air boost one... you make those?

SOLD!

Comment

Is this doable on a turboed f22a6 with a chipped p06?
                              My official vouch thread!

Updated!!! --> My official turbo progress thread

Comment

Working...
                              X