Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

p28 or p06?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

p28 or p06?

hello everyone. i was curious what would be better for my car: P28 or P06? I have h22a, S/R intake, complete exshaust system, pulleys, scunk2 stage 1 cams and adj. cam gears. i am a newbe to chipped ECU and stuff like that so any help would be gratly appreciated. Thanks

p06 is from the nonvtec civics, p28 is from the vtec's... both work well when being chipped for f22's/h22's, but you need to pick based on whether ur motor has vtec.

youre running an h22, so youd want a P28. the nonvtec turbo F22 dudes like to use p06's because they are cheaper and work just as well as a p28, minus vtec.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
    - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
    - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
    Current cars:
    - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
    - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

a lot of places will add VTEC capability to your non-VTEC ecu for free. I have a phearable.net ECU, i highly reccomend him,
      H.S.A.E.

90 CRX Si - gutted, caged, Bisi F2d kit, close ratio LSD trans, F22A6 - under construction

99 civic LX - y8 head and trans, lowered, blowing cold AC, and getting 35mpg.

Comment

i would go with the p28 cuz it doesnt have a knock sensor( which is GOOD and BAD) Good part is that the computer doesnt know if you have a knock so therefore your timing wont retarded under full throttle.
        The Bad part is that you wont know if you have a knock.so therefore the timing will not retard. but the computer will know if you have that in your computer (knock sensor control) and it doesnt control the dual stage runners.

Comment

the duel runners can be controlled by the vacum, which is how I have it setup, got the idea from juan. Works great!

Anyone know where else to get a chipped P28 with a base h22a fuel map?
          2DAO (2 Door Accord Owner)
          JDM H22 DOHC 200/161 2.2L
          My members ride: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=20385

Comment

Working...
          X